• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cu AI/Chiv Build - Should I use left over points in mana?

Bearclaw

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Let me first explain where I'll be when I have to make a decision on leftover points:

When adding the training points to go from 4 slot to 5 slot, I'm estimating that I'll have around 260 ish points to play around with.

Note that this is after maxing resists, setting SRT INT and DEX to 700, 370, 150, HP at 750, Stamina at 150, mana at 508, max damage, 30 mana regen, AI, Chiv and 120 scrolls on all skills (Chiv, focus, med, wrest, tact, anat, resist, perry, and healing). Nothing in stamina regen or hit points regen.

So it seems my choices are mana, HP, HPR, or SR. I think 750 hp is plenty so I don't think adding 86 hit points is worth it. This Cu is already at 120 healing, will have chiv to heal, and I can heal it with greater heal, gift of renewal, and whatever the mystic one is (cant think of it right now), so I don't see any reason to give it hit point regeneration.

This leaves me with either mana or stamina regeneration. From my observation, if I keep the Cu's hit points up, then stamina is typically maxed also. So why add any stamina regeneration?

Thus it seems to me that I should but the points in mana. 260 points would allow me to increase mana from 508 to 1028. I realize Cu's dump mana quickly, but a larger mana pool makes for a bigger mana dump, right??

Does this logic seem reasonable or am I overlooking something? Anyone have an argument to do something different with the extra points?

Thanks,

Starcon of Siege (Bearclaw on Cats, although I'm almost always on Siege these days)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My opinion.
Build another and don't add HP.
Set HP regen to 20. Stam regen to 5 instead of HP. Rest is good.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Here is mine.

Stam regen should be 5. Big hits drop stam, if stam drops, swing speed drops. Means less damage.

Mana regen shoukd be max. Means he can keep using AI for more damage.

Hp regen... what if you run out of mana, cant get in to heal, or so on. The little extra hpr that 20 gives can save him.

750hp seems way high. If that isnt set, i would suggest

20hpr
5stamr
30mr.

I feel safe with a pet having 600 hp.

Remeber, your pet is your main weapon, and you want it to be ready for everything,
And to maximize its damage.

Bearclaw

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the responses. On this Cu, the first cycle (3 to 4) is already done and I've raised it's hp up to 745 and trained it's healing up to 120, so if too high HP is the only thing I screwed up on, then I can live with it. I can put the remaining points into 5 SR and the rest I'll either put in HPR or mana (or some combination of the two).

As for the next time (since I might have to do another color :) ) it sounds like both of you are saying maybe max hit points around 600, then do 5 SR, 20 HPR and if there is anything left over into mana, right?

Thanks

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
Just Curious myself on why you don't add more SR? On every pet build I see 5 maybe 10 SR. Assuming you had some extra points to burn, wouldn't max SR help ensure your swing speed is always maxed, ensuring maximum damage/sec? For example I have a Naja I just started training, looks like I have plenty of points to spare to get max HPR, MR & achieve 25 SR, Resists are fine, Max STR, 150 Stam, 405 Mana, 893 HP, 128 Int, 120 Scrolls on all skills, FWW/Poison Breath. But I can't tell if it's even useful to do 25 SR because I never see pet builds with that much on it.

I do agree with others here btw, HP Regen is a must. You can be separated from your pet without worrying about instant death which helps on those days where you randomly lose connection, client crashes, you are healing yourself and not your pet or you die and are waiting to be rezzed. There's nothing worse than your pet dying when it's all trained up, those .1 skill loses are horrible. Especially in healing!

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I believe the stam drain is based on percent damage taken, as well as special moves.

For an all arounder pet, i dont see more than 5 needed. For ones designed for a specific target, say one that does crushing blow alot( macer blackthorn captains) then more might be better.

And i would put a priority on mana regen over hp regen on a chiv ai pet(which is a single target pet) if thats all you have points left for.

The higher hitpoints are for more for where you feel comfortable at. Myself, i would have put points more in mana with 600 hp, so i have more time in the initial mana dump.

I averaged out resists on my first cu(all 70s)
600 hp, all 120 skills,700, 150 370 stats, 20,5,30 regens chiv ai.
I think it has 900ish mana at the end.

Remember that even healing itself costs mana.

These are my thought tho.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Put it all in HP Regen.

Next time follow this guide. Base Build is done in first round.

Build your pet so you have the base done early so you can see how it handles.
Put the scrolls on in the last round.

Pets lose Stamina when they are hit very hard or when you let the HP drop below half to 1/4.
Normal fighting and taking hits does not drop stamina on a Cu. Keep them healed as needed. By putting those on early you can take the base pet out and fight some things and decide if you need more than 5 Stam Regen. Pets with low HP seem to lose stamina faster then pets with 500+HP.