• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crystalline Blackrock

Rieley

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How are people getting it? Is mining the only way? I've tried the rats near the cavern, nothing. Can't find Gold elements, also UO guide says Dull copper elementals give it, can't find them either. Any advice would be appreciated.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How are people getting it? Is mining the only way? I've tried the rats near the cavern, nothing. Can't find Gold elements, also UO guide says Dull copper elementals give it, can't find them either. Any advice would be appreciated.
The dull and shadow elementals in the Mine dungeon of Tokuno have a decent drop rate. any Ore elemental above earth should have a drop percentage though.

Rieley

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The dull and shadow elementals in the Mine dungeon of Tokuno have a decent drop rate. any Ore elemental above earth should have a drop percentage though.
Thank you so much, I did not know this. Off to find this dungeon!

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Golden Elementals in Blackthorn's Dungeon Catacombs (see golden diamond on map) used to have a decent drop rate. I would just cast an RC in the room and invis, then loot. By the way, the Crystalline Blackrock does not drop in your pack, it has to be looted. Back in the day, I collected around 1,000 Crystalline Blackrock in that room. I don't know if they changed the drop rate since.

CBD_CatacombsMap_Labeled.jpg

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Golden Elementals in Blackthorn's Dungeon Catacombs (see golden diamond on map) used to have a decent drop rate. I would just cast an RC in the room and invis, then loot. By the way, the Crystalline Blackrock does not drop in your pack, it has to be looted. Back in the day, I collected around 1,000 Crystalline Blackrock in that room. I don't know if they changed the drop rate since.
The drop rate has dropped dramatically... because they removed the spawn entirely. They removed ALL of the spawn in that dungeon except for the captains.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The drop rate has dropped dramatically... because they removed the spawn entirely. They removed ALL of the spawn in that dungeon except for the captains.
And before they removed them, the drop rate was reduced significantly, at least on the Elementals in that dungeon.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Shadow Ore Eles in the Yomotsu Mines can drop Crystalline Blackrock. I'll farm them for Shadow Ore to smelt occasionally. I mostly use the Shadow Ingots to make Exceptional Dragon Barding Deeds for my chars that don't have a Paroxy Swampy.