• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crystalline blackrock....does it really exist?

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Haven't found any of this elusive imbuing ingredient at the Cavern of the Discarded mini-champ. What does it even look like? Wish the dev team would give alchemists with mining skill a means to convert blackrock into this ingredient.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, it exists. I've got 5 of them, small black round items, mostly from supplicants

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I got a piece last night in cavern of discarded it looks like black rock only about 3 times the size

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haven't found any of this elusive imbuing ingredient at the Cavern of the Discarded mini-champ. What does it even look like? Wish the dev team would give alchemists with mining skill a means to convert blackrock into this ingredient.
Yup we get a good amount of it.

Mike of Ameraust

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yep, ive got some, could't find it in my bag until i got a new skin with a different colour bag background .. Thank goodness for mod developers.

K

kaldera4

yep, ive got some, could't find it in my bag until i got a new skin with a different colour bag background .. Thank goodness for mod developers.
it dosent drop to bagpack. so you must loot it out of corpse. how came it to your packpack if you didnt loot it manually and didnt see it??

T

tuatha

for those in the 3d client, put your looted corse view on list view muuuuch much easier too see items this way

Mike of Ameraust

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you kill and loot one creature then go and bank things, I doubt it, its easy to forget what you loot after a good session.

K

kaylun

People have been breaking the spawns in cavern of the discarded by dragging the bosses off so the spawn never progresses so now you cant get a lot of the new ingredients because as far as i know its the only place to get the crystaline blackrock and only drops from the ratman mobs. Great job ea made an expansion thats already broke. fking figures

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*gets my first crystalline blackrock*

I have to admit that cavern of the discarded is not my favorite place in the game ... crowded, near-infinite-hp bosses (I got overconfident ... spell plague + leeching weapon can apparently be a very painful combination), laggy (my system seems to have a lot of trouble with waterfall animations for some reason) and so, so many high-demand resources all in one place.

Still, there's a lot of interesting stuff that happens there ... you can get a sort "today on my shard" rundown poking through the garbage. Someone was apparently training fletchery today somewhere in the world *wonders why someone would train fletchery outside of heartwood*

I haven't gotten my craftsmen fully into SA-play yet ... still holding out some hope that some of those items may be obtainable in other ways.

I

imperterritus

I just looted a piece of cyrstalline blackrock from a copper ore elemental in the Pirate's Cave. So it does spawn in Trammel proper.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've mined up 3 pieces in Ter Mur.
Human miner, 93 mining. Spent about 3 hours mining there so far.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just looted a piece of cyrstalline blackrock from a copper ore elemental in the Pirate's Cave. So it does spawn in Trammel proper.

Do you mean "Copper" or "Dull Copper" elemental ?

I am asking, because I thought that the only spawning where Earth, Shadow and Dull Copper elementals.

I had no idea that also Copper elementals spawned......

J

[JD]

mining in fel set to mine ore and jewels i get crystalline blackrock all the time

G

Gowron

Do you mean "Copper" or "Dull Copper" elemental ?

I am asking, because I thought that the only spawning where Earth, Shadow and Dull Copper elementals.

I had no idea that also Copper elementals spawned......
I've gotten crystalline blackrock from all of the ore elementals at one point or another.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yea I'll go mining with Gargoyle's Picks and get it off the elemental corpses in addition to the odd piece simply mined up...

Q

Quilnn

I guess I'll let this secret go.. If you go to the Yamosthu (Dunno how to spell) mines in Tokuno Islands, run around until you find the Shadow Elementals. Keeping killing them and eventually you will collect a bunch of crystalline blackrock. This has been a long time trade secret. I feel I cannot use it anymore because I quit last month. I collected nearly 30 crystalline blackrock in an hour. :danceb:

T

TheDarknessRJ

As a GM Mining i found 5 in 10 minutes mining in TerMur.

P

Persius

I've gotten crystalline blackrock from all of the ore elementals at one point or another.
My warrior miner built just for gargoyle pickaxe elemental mining (and saltpeter in Trammel Dungeons) and i can verify i have consistently looted a crystalline blackrock off every single "valorite" elemental encounter i have come accross. and i run into these quite often ... as its one of my primary elemental spawn goals.

Sir Crogus

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
SUPER EASY to mine the crystalline in ter mur my gm miner gets one every 10 minutes when I'm on a rampage

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You can get it from Dull Copper elementals at the entrance of Yomotsu Mines as well.
Since their spawn timer is fast, they go down quickly and at most you will face the odd Yomotsu Warrior there, I tend to prefer farming for it at that spot.

Never had any luck getting those by mining. At most I got two pieces after an hour of mining in Ter Mur.

barbarous

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when I mine i only get those little ones that hide i am 105 with mining gloves