• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crux Report - Breeching the mind of Bellatrix Adhara {pic heavy}

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards

As Bellatrix lay in the cell still in her unconscious state, Crux members began filing in one by one thirty minutes prior to the announced time. No doubt they were eager with anticipation for what events would unfold. Speculation began to build about what abominations we would face as we breeched the mind of such a seemingly corrupt, evil and confused individual. As both the ranks and ignore lists swelled, Adamu approached from the West.

After exchanging some pleasantries with the growing mob, Adamu began apologizing for putting the bulk of us in danger far too many times as it is. Does he not understand the Crux lives for danger? It’s what we crave. Granted, from the outside The Crux may simply look like a band of ragamuffins, vagabonds and a few elitists. But when you cut to the core of most of us, you will find the thrill seeking personality. The bigger the danger… the better. After all nothing feeds our desire more than staring danger in the face and laughing maniacally, fully prepared to pay the ultimate price if need be.

As I was reflecting on the past survivals and rushes as a result, I was snapped back to current reality as Adamu warned us that a stray thought could contaminate the dream world. He implored us to be mindful of our thoughts. Some of our leaders were suggesting we should only think of happy thoughts like daisies and cotton. With that in mind, and heeding the advice to speak to the memory of Danica should she be there, the Crux set out for one of the first challenges of the night. Fitting in a single tiny jail cell.

With the smell of sweat filling the air, we breeched the mind and were on our way. We were greeted by Memory Leeches who seemed to be rather displeased by our arrival on their territory. They initiated hostile actions and The Crux was more than happy to oblige. While the Eyes of Memory looked on from the sidelines, the bodies of Leeches started piling up. During this time Memories of others would pop up, Memory of Barrett, Kendall, Zachary Rhett and Butler. I found myself wondering if these were past lovers, past victims or if they held no significance at all. Judging from the last two names, I could not help but think, Frankly my dear I don’t give a damn, and turned my attention back towards the fight. With the last of the Leeches dropped, it was time to turn our attention to the onlookers from the sidelines. Sadly, they did not put up much of a fight and were quickly finished off by the mob.

Then it happened, silence. Nothing to attack, nothing was lurking in the shadows. Nothing at all, just calm. As we all gathered around Charlotte looking at the locks surrounding her, we were stumped. What to do next? As some of us rode around in circles from confusion, and yet others stood around with blank stares, The Memory of Danica appeared. As she surveyed the situation at hand she seemed to lack confidence in the Crux for figuring out what to do next. She realized both her and Charlotte would be doomed if we could not trigger the locks. Finally a suggestion was offered; speak the words in the book. Yes, that had to be it, now what were those words again? Once again the Crux were stumped, looking at one another with confusion. We had all read the words countless times, yet what they were slipped from our minds. Could it be mass senility or mass CRS disease? Or was it a byproduct of us invading someone else’s mind? Surely there was ONE among us who could recall.

After what seemed to be an eternity, a lone voice from the back, a Knight named Solus spoke up, “Moobbnnaae eeeaen booll oom nnebat” he said. As he stepped forward and touched the lock, a sound was heard, and the Memory of Danica decreed, “The first lock has been activated.”
There it was, finally one lock down. As some were celebrating the victory the failed to notice the corporeal brume’s and mantra effervescence’s that had started surrounding us. Nor did most hear Danica ask Charlotte, “But can they fight the memories of their own past?” If they did, most did not pay much attention to it at that time. After the last brume fell, we were ready for anything, or so we thought….

When the second lock was activated something named Thoughts of a Crux Knight hit. Now I don’t know what individual in the crowd could not keep their thoughts to nice things like we were told too. But this thing that appeared was neither a daisy nor cotton. It can only be described as an Evil Version of the Stay-Puft Marshmallow man appeared. In their defense, maybe they were attempting to conjure up something we could easily dispatch. However they failed in their attempt.

Dragons Pounced, spells flew, blades slashed, donkeys brayed, arrows, bolts and other ranged weapons filled the air. Knights fell, were rezzed, only to fall yet again. As the creature taunted us by saying, “You will burn to a pile of ash.” Our leaders were urging us to clear our minds, and think pleasant thoughts. Try as we may, the majority of us could not think of anything but trying to find a vulnerable spot in what we faced. As if this monstrosity was not enough, endless droves of Lava Elementals and Fire Steeds began popping up. The Knights fought bravely, savagely and eventually reigned supreme over the minions. With arms raised in victory, and shouts of “well done” filling the air, a voice was heard in the distance saying... “And they have made a mess in the process”. Truer words had never been spoken.

Thinking the day was won, and our adventure was over for the time being, the Crux Knights once again gathered around Charlotte and Danica. Battle weary, tired, aching, and sweat laden Knights all were relaxing before making the walk out. However, our battle had just begun.

Once again the Crux were forced into action. They sucked up the injuries and the pain they were feeling, they quickly bandaged up severe flesh wounds and once again jumped into the fray. As pools of toxic ooze set our things ablaze we fought. We fell; we got up and got back at it. The Memory of a Relict Dragon was strong, but our united resolve was stronger. We would not be defeated, not when there was so much at stake. To lose now, would possibly tear apart everything we have all worked so hard to accomplish to date. To put it simply, on THIS day the Crux would not be denied!

Finally the beast succumbed to the beating, and lay dead at our feet. The fight was over for the day, and once again, against all odds, we had reigned supreme. At the end of the day, standing alone in the three remaining locks was Charlotte. Three down, three to go. We can only imagine the torment she is in at this time. Rest up Knights, there are more fights to come.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Long overdue, but RL, other projects, and flu all got in the way. My apologies for the lateness :)

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was extremely entertaining Kylie :)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Thank you both, you are too kind. I pale in comparrison to the master wordsmiths y'all are :bowdown:

Bon Iver

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
A word well spoken Kylie. Way to uphold your reporter status, great work.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Thx Bon...

*yawns and stretchs*

Don't know about the rest of ya.. But I am fairly well rested :gee:

Not that I am droppin' hints er nuttin :mf_prop:

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Kinslayer-your suppose to be coming up with an idea for the next monster to kill-

Remember to keep your thoughts in check when entering the mind, since daisies and cotton didnt work-maybe we should try Casper-wasnt he the friendly ghost?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Sadly this November 5th is marked by the horrid invasion of inlaws upon my homestead.

Ive been spending the week trying to get them to stay the heck out of my office.
Name all the monsters after your in-laws so the players can kill your virtual in-laws in-game for you. :)

Ok, so Faeryl and I were talking about what the final three locks would hold. And she suggested one of them to be Monsters-In-Law :D

I think PASmountaindew and Faeryl have this round taken care of :thumbup1:

Can't burn 'em in effigy cause that would be wrong. Ummm at least I THINK it would be hehe. But naming a foul beast after your in-laws can always be spun to be a positive. Such as, I care for the both of you so much I felt led to include you in some small way. While all along having somewhat evil and ulterior motives.

I mean, heck that's a good kinda therapy there. Folks pay good $$$ for that kinda stuff. :mf_prop: