• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crux Ansata Report 9/30/11

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Knights of the Crux Ansata met Lady Danica last night in the Silver Serpent Chamber. She had word from Lord Adamu that he had come to a sort of breakthrough with Bellatrix, and that we were to meet him outside the Trinsic jail.

Upon our arrival, Adamu greeted us and explained to us that he had managed to combine a few of his singular magics into a sort of conduit into the mind of Bellatrix. Adamu warned us that as we were entering the mind of another person, we were to be mindful of what we touched and said. He was also adamant of the fact that we were not there to challenge the daemon directly, merely to collect information that could help us. With that, our recon mission began.

We were attacked immediately upon our entry by memories, which were defeated without too much trouble. Having some time to look around, fragments of other memories were discovered and although their importance for the most part is not obvious to me, I kept notes of anything I saw. Many bones scattered around, a bit of carpet, a mage’s staff, a llama’s skull, a knight’s shield and sword, statues of a man and woman… their names Tristan and Eleanor Adhara. There was also another statue of marble, surrounded by, if I recall correctly, six ‘locks’ of sorts. Then there were the ruins. Still burning and filled with the vile stench of death. Yet there on the table was a book that seemed oddly out of place, entitled The Daemon’s Playground: A Direct Your Own Fate Adventure! A quick scan of the pages made me realize that this book could shed some light on Charlotte’s actions and their consequences.

As I read, one of the possible choices caught my attention: Give up and tell him of the memory locked in the cabinet. A memory locked in the cabinet? Many of the other knights had apparently come to the same conclusion as we gathered around. One knight managed to destroy the strange cabinet, and that was when the memory of Danica manifested herself before us.

It was when we exited the ruins that I first discovered that the statue of marble was actually speaking. I heard her speaking of how there were many secrets in that place and of Him. When asked who He was, she gave the name Sapkbreu. The memory of Danica attempted to comfort the statue that was her sister Charlotte, and that was when we were attacked by feelings of doubt, fear and anger. Despite her actions not being her own, Charlotte was afraid that no one would forgive her for opening the door to Sapkbreu in the first place.

The memory of Danica started speaking with us once again. She was both surprised and hesitant at first to believe that Danica was alive, having thought she had perished with their parents. She told us that she both a memory and a subconscious, and was safe from Sapkbreu, neither one able to touch the other.

It was explained that Charlotte had covered herself in a skin of Marble to protect her from Sapkbreu, and that she was locked in place by the Soul Locks surrounding her. Each lock must be removed to free her, and each has the potential to destroy her. When all the locks are undone, He will come. We were told that next time we enter the mind of Bellatrix, we will have to fight memories of our past, and should we fail, it will be disastrous.

Faeryl Tyr'athem
Knight Captain of the Crux Ansata

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really hope this makes some sort of sense, and that I didn't miss too much... :)

A

AnthonyMichaelMusic

allllmost as good as my review ;-)

- Lord Xavyir Rider II of The Black Tower