• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crux Ansata Report 10/20/11

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was no sign of Adamu at the Trinsic jail, nothing except a note on the desk which read simply: Gone to talk to Cranus near Covetous, be back soon. ~ Adamu. With a small sigh, I, along with Kreepy Kinslayer, left for the dungeon of Covetous and the home of Cranus of the Tehom.

Cranus was not in the best of moods upon our arrival, stating “You have no place here, you should leave… I am not in a talkative mood.” With some persistence though, he told us of how he had helped Adamu earlier, who had been looking for information about a daemon who had been hiding here for many years. He told us how daemons ignore the truth, that “…existence itself is held together by love, there is nothing stronger.” He explained to us that Adamu was in the Tehom, and that he had been there before. When asked about Adamu’s previous visits to the Tehom, Cranus answered us with a simple comment. “When you have a task which reaches into infinity, you can not ever leave it behind.” He told us how he did not trust us enough; how he only trusted Adamu and Danica, and that we would need Danica’s blessing to go any further. With that we took our leave and headed to Jhelom to speak with Danica.

We were greeted warmly as always, but when asked about Cranus, we were given a warning: “Be careful around him, he is good… but brutal.” We explained how we wished to helped Adamu and that we needed her blessing before Cranus would let us go forward. Danica gave us a password, telling us that she trusted us to represent the Crux Ansata and to be on our guard. Bidding her farewell, we were off again.

“Berossus”

A few seconds passed as Cranus regarded the two of us before speaking of his worry of sending us into the darkness alone. Assuring him we’d be fine, he preceeded to give us more information.

“There is a book in existence, a book scribed while under a trance of blood fever.”

“Blood fever?”

“There is only one cure for the fever. It opens you to evil infernal influence.”

We urged him to continue.

“The book was sent into Hythloth, the hell hole. The terrible place. Accompanied by twenty men. The book, combined with the knowledge that Adamu will bring from the Tehom will be of great help. Go, get yourself to Hythloth. But do not go alone… It is dangerous to go alone.”

Upon entering into Hythloth, it was obvious why Cranus hadn’t wanted us to go alone. We were immediately assaulted by Void Daemons and Fallen Knights, hellhounds and imps. The barrage was relentless and we were forced to bring in help. The sheer numbers of infernal creatures seemed at first too great a challenge for the few knights who opposed them. As our small group fought our way down the final hallway leading to the third level, I was relieved to see that our numbers were growing, but also worried that it still would not be enough.

Reaching the end of the third level of Hythloth was a struggle, we had been pushed back repeatedly, but the end was now in sight. Resting on the stairs of a sealed room accessible only by teleporters was a journal. It was in disrepair, but there were still some legible entries. I had broken away from the battle long enough to scan the pages for any mention of the book we had fought so desperately to find. In the last entry, I found it. The book is hidden in its box at the south end of this room where it can never be found. Sure enough, along the south wall I could vaguely make out a box hidden in the shadows. The battle was finally over, the book was found.

As I sit here now looking through a copy of that blackened tome and writing my report, I find myself wondering who Sapkbreu’s masters were, how he betrayed them, and what fate has in store for us next.

Faeryl Tyr’athem
Knight Captain of the Crux Ansata