• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crossing Cacti

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Fellow Gardners,

I thought I share this with you.
As most of us know, nowadays to xpolly the Cacti type plants is like playing the lottery.

I was looking at my B&W plant collection and notcied I was missing a few types including the Prickly Pear Cactus.
Realizing it may take some time/effort to xpolly this plant into a black mutant, I planted 50 Red Prickly Pear Cactus 19 days ago.

Here the results of the xpolly and plucking if the full grown plants (400 seeds):

1 Mutant White, to my luck it turned out to be a Prickly Pear Cactus (gave 8 white seeds, lucky no SoR from this plant)
21 SoR
371 seeds in the mix from 18 different plant types, 17 the Gen 1&2 plants and the Flowery Cactus

It is going to be a very tough project to finally get the black mutant Prickly Pear Cactus.
Today I will start 50 new and hope for the best at the next xpolly.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I had got bonsai seed too from crossing cactus with other plants, both from the flower cactus and tribarrel cactus