• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crimson/Platinum Drake Stats

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, i just spent about an hour or so loring and slaughtering Crimson/Platinum Drakes, and have been able to compile a list of their stat range. Crimson and Platinum Drakes have the same stat range. Here's the raw data.

Health: 241-258
Stamina: 133-152
Mana: 101-139
STR: 401-430
DEX: 133-152
INT: 101-139
Barding Difficulty: 80.1-82.5
Base Damage: 11-17

Physical: 30-50
Fire: 30-50
Cold: 30-50
Poison: 30-50
Energy: 30-50

Wrestling: 65.1-79.7
Tactics: 65.4-89.2
Resist: 65.2-79.7
Anatomy: 0
Detect: 50.6
Focus: 0-15.0

Special Ability: Dragon Breath
Preferred Food: Fish
Pack Instincts: Drake
Pet Slots: 2-5 85.0 Taming Required

Considering Stat/Resist/Skill Caps almost always come in increments of 5, we can assume that the full stat range is...
Health: 240-260
Stamina: 130-155
Mana: 100-140
STR: 400-430
DEX: 130-155
INT: 100-140

Physical: 30-50
Fire: 30-50
Cold: 30-50
Poison: 30-50
Energy: 30-50

Wrestling: 65.0-80.0
Tactics: 65.0-90.0
Resist: 65.0-80.0
Anatomy: 0
Detect: 50.6
Focus: 0-15.0

Crimson/Platinum Drakes appear to have Positive Karma (despite being aggressive), for you lose Karma for killing them. Went from 32k Karma, down to 21.2k getting their stat ranges, lol.

Assuming they don't bump up to 3 Control Slots at high rating, it might be worth it to farm for one with high Health/STR/Resists, just to save on a lot of Training Points, so you can pump them elsewhere.

Last edited:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
im thinking these would be good in the Shadowguard.
if you have 2 of them in there with ya (2 tamers each with one) and they are different elemental ones, so one fire one energy say.
than when Anon switches you just stop the drake that corresponds to the elemental beast he turns into and the other can continue to hit.
so you wont have to stop anymore and wait.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
interesting.
i noticed on your write up you listed their food as fish.
i found that strange because i know i had fed mine meat not even 5 minutes ago and it ate it.
so i went and logged in and sure enough mine says Fish.
so for giggles i fed it meat, it gave me the "your pet looks much happier" message.
so i fed it fish.
got the same message.

so looks like they can eat both meat and fish but only fish is listed on their info sheet.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
These might be an interesting training project. Do they start with bleed or anything, or are they basically a blank slate?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
im thinking these would be good in the Shadowguard.
if you have 2 of them in there with ya (2 tamers each with one) and they are different elemental ones, so one fire one energy say.
than when Anon switches you just stop the drake that corresponds to the elemental beast he turns into and the other can continue to hit.
so you wont have to stop anymore and wait.
Yeah, a leveled 100% Cold Crimson/Platinum Drake would be great against Virtuebane. A 100% Fire Crimson/Platinum Drake would be great against Juo'nar. The 100% Fire Drake would also synergize well with Corpse Skin, if someone cast it on the bosses.

interesting.
i noticed on your write up you listed their food as fish.
i found that strange because i know i had fed mine meat not even 5 minutes ago and it ate it.
so i went and logged in and sure enough mine says Fish.
so for giggles i fed it meat, it gave me the "your pet looks much happier" message.
so i fed it fish.
got the same message.

so looks like they can eat both meat and fish but only fish is listed on their info sheet.
Yeah, they eat Meat as well as Fish. Dragon Turtle Hatchlings are the same way.

These might be an interesting training project. Do they start with bleed or anything, or are they basically a blank slate?
They have Dragon Breath, which takes up their Special Ability Slot, but their Magical Ability Slot and Special Move Slots are still available.

Did you lose karma when you killed them?
Yep, i was losing Karma when i was killing them.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So every point from training 2 slots to 3 will be used to add magery or another skill?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, 1501 for Magery/Mastery. So use the middle slot if you choose it. Then you can Max base Damage on last slot.
Crimson/Platinum Drakes do not have Magery, nor Magery Mastery. They also start off with low INT/Mana. Adding Magery/Magery Mastery to them, then enough Mana to really use it, would take a lot of points. The Stygian Drakes always come with Magery Mastery right off the bat, so they're a better choice for it. Stygian Drakes are always 100% Physical Damage with their melee though, regardless of their color. Serpentine Dragons are also a good candidate for Magery Mastery, since they have 1,000+ INT/Mana (overcap INT), and have Magery, making Magery Mastery cost 0 points to add.

Last edited:

Angel

Adventurer
Crimson/Platinum Drakes do not have Magery, nor Magery Mastery.
Yes, you can pick Magery Mastery its 1501 Points, Look again. (500 Magery/1000 Eval Intelligence) (One Point for Magery Mastery) ((Trains the creature in advanced use of Magery spells ) It takes one full slot. Im looking at mine and its on all of them.Its between, Spellweaving and Piercing.

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, you can pick Magery Mastery its 1501 Points, Look again. (500 Magery/1000 Eval Intelligence) (One Point for Magery Mastery) ((Trains the creature in advanced use of Magery spells ) It takes one full slot. Im looking at mine and its on all of them.Its between, Spellweaving and Piercing.
What i meant, is that they do not spawn with that ability. They can be taught it however.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any reason why Platinum Drakes are invis to me ?
Have you patched your client for this most recent publish? Also, if you're running Windows 10, you may also have to use the "run as administrator" option to make sure you're seeing things properly. I noticed that if I didn't use the "run as administrator" option with Windows 10 after patching up for the last publish, I could see the new versions of the animal lore gumps but I couldn't see the gift swans. (Didn't think to see if the new drakes were invisible too.)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so i went onto test and tamed a Crimmy.
went and bonded it in the gate, then put in through the other so i could manipulate it.
i hadnt realized that the damage on these was half of a GD?
guess it makes sense as they are Drakes which are half sized dragons.
i was just surprised because i hadnt thought about it - just assumed we could bump it up to meet GD level of base damage, which i now know we cant.
so the question then is if these can not do the base damage level that a GD can are they going to be of use, even at 5 slot???

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
sorry, should have specified, they start at like 11-17 base damage and you can bump them up to 14-19.
compared to a GD that is 24-33 so almost double that of a drake.

Angel

Adventurer
Stygian Drakes can only go to 22,Plat and Crimson can can go to 24-33 on the 5/5.

Last edited:

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Up the drake to slot 5 first, the on the training menu, add more base damage to the drake, max it, then you lore his damage, you should see the converted figure.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What magical abilities are they eligible for?
I'd lore one myself but not till the end of the day, the torture!
I put Chiv/AI/Goo on a couple. But don't bother trying to trade them to different tamers once you tame one, as it will cause 1 or both parties to crash 98 times out of 100.