• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crimson Drakes and Platinum Drakes (Energy) in Eoden???

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
So patch notes says the Energy Version of the Crimson Drakes and Platinum Drakes are in the Kotl City in Eoden, i went and had a look and could not see them anywhere.
then i saw a screen shot from someone from last week and showed on the big blue carpet with the event spawn.

do we need to crank up the spawn to get these to spawn so we can tame them?

that seems really strange since you can find all the other types of Drakes just spawning all over in dungeons and in forests.

so these ones we need to farm the power cores or pay the 100k per to get what was it 8 of them to start the spawn?

just wanted to check before i go do it.

(grumbles some more)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
double check that screenie that was posted. There are Myrmidex in the shot - which means someone went through the wall and started the battle.

swampjumper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad I saw this spent last two days going in and out of Koti City looking for them on Baja now will get on my Mystic there she has 8 cores left over from last time Koti Dance was open. Will crank up the Dance in the morning and will try to get me one

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
anyone find out for sure????

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
just went and tested and yes, the Energy Drakes come up with the spectral spawn in the Kotl City.

All Mighty

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok just to wounder im done with the wheel of time the city should have reverted but it didn't the stones are still up any one have a fast clue as to what i didn't or need to do next

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So patch notes says the Energy Version of the Crimson Drakes and Platinum Drakes are in the Kotl City in Eoden, i went and had a look and could not see them anywhere.
then i saw a screen shot from someone from last week and showed on the big blue carpet with the event spawn.

do we need to crank up the spawn to get these to spawn so we can tame them?

that seems really strange since you can find all the other types of Drakes just spawning all over in dungeons and in forests.

so these ones we need to farm the power cores or pay the 100k per to get what was it 8 of them to start the spawn?

just wanted to check before i go do it.

(grumbles some more)

They said they were turning off the event. I have no more stable space so I didn't want to beg someone to start the event. Luckily someone on test tried it and posted that pic.

Do kotl items still drop?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
All that was "turned off" were the item drops.

If you need a mass karma/fame infusion, starting and doing the spawn is still your best bet - the drakes just amp up the difficulty.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
They said they were turning off the event. I have no more stable space so I didn't want to beg someone to start the event. Luckily someone on test tried it and posted that pic.

Do kotl items still drop?
yes, i did, in answer to my own question which you are now directing me too.
hehe

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yes, i did, in answer to my own question which you are now directing me too.
hehe

Someone posted a pic before it went live. Petra saw it. But yours is good also. *pats head* good boy.

Do you get the kotl drops for turn in points?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Someone posted a pic before it went live. Petra saw it. But yours is good also. *pats head* good boy.

Do you get the kotl drops for turn in points?
*puurrrrrs a little at the affectionate head pat*

All Mighty

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
by the way i figured this out took to dam long but i did you get the wheel of time moving then there is a walk way along the north wall where the stones are so you can slink past it there. you still have all those ball things to move/kill but you can get in now