• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crickets

n00bPvper

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I blame Siege for being too hardcore for nowadays UO, no vvv items, only 1 siege bless, theres the result.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye. Crickets indeed. No one is buying or selling. GIL is hiding in their houses... and dying in their houses.

You folk with special connections to the EM should drop a word in his ear to implement more portals to interesting places. That Doom portal was excellent! Have a few to some Peerless bosses (no keys required) and jump start some fun!

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe "cricket" is a game of some sort.
From the descriptions of the white robes players wear, I imagine it is some sort of recuperative therapy used by the healers, to re-introduce their patients to society.

From the little I have gathered, players divide into two teams, each one wielding a fastly-bound mongbat by the feet. Opposing teams hurl bagballs at each other's candelabras, and the mongbat is their sole means of defence. There are two specially demarked locations, nominated as "in" and "out", which appear to be interchangeable.
The game is played until a team's supply of mongbats are dead, or until someone destroys all the opposing team's candelabras.
The game is adjudicated by someone called "Um", who rides around on a tame Pyre, keeping score. This combination is referred to as "The UmPyre", and both are incinerated at the end of each match. The winning team gets to keep the ashes.

I hope that clears it up?