• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Credit where credit is due

StressBall

Adventurer
I really dont do this, praise people for a job well done but this is new taming patch has really been a godsend to me and the game, its busier peopple are intrested again, I am enjoying playing again and get a real kick out of taming a new pet and watching its stats rise. Its bringing people back, its actually fun to do. I started again as a new tamer a few weeks ago and have found the tame skill gains a LOT faster, more fun to get with such a varied and wide range of tames.

Thumbs up!

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember my first attempt at taming back in 2000 or so. I gave up after about two hours of frustrating click and chasing chickens or something around Brit. "I want to be your friend..."

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
I remember my first attempt at taming back in 2000 or so. I gave up after about two hours of frustrating click and chasing chickens or something around Brit. "I want to be your friend..."
Yep, the taming script is absurd isn't it?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Especially when you're taming stuff just to kill it, feels pretty deceitful - some friend

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am guessing you don't pvp. I fought someone with a little eagle that had 950 hps and cast non stop magery and hit hard on me. I also encountered a cu sid that could also spell plague me on top of its normal abilities. It was a horrid patch for pvp.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I am guessing you don't pvp. I fought someone with a little eagle that had 950 hps and cast non stop magery and hit hard on me. I also encountered a cu sid that could also spell plague me on top of its normal abilities. It was a horrid patch for pvp.
That's awesome - we love surrprises!

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait till you go up against a fully trained Serpentine dragon ;)
Those little puppies start at 3 slot with over 1k int and mana with a preference for casting Dragon Breath ALOT o.0:devil:

Reactions: Lug

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Phoenix? Yup, those things are nasty, especially with that dexterity. It's definitely fun on the pvm side of things, if a little boring. The only monsters I've fought so far that have required me to pay attention are both in Shadowguard. I do want to see how my pets stack up against the Harrower though.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree the Phoenix run speed needs to be looked at for pvp. Dismount tamer with Phoenix could be a big problem
The phoenix was already nerfed in speed.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If they are then they will have problems with LOADS of pets because ALL Pets were nerfed to not have more than 150 DEX... Which means no one has used Wolf Spiders on them either.... or the Dread Spider... As either of those will also move at warp speed normally... however with the DEX nerfed none get nearly as fast as before.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they are then they will have problems with LOADS of pets because ALL Pets were nerfed to not have more than 150 DEX... Which means no one has used Wolf Spiders on them either.... or the Dread Spider... As either of those will also move at warp speed normally... however with the DEX nerfed none get nearly as fast as before.
I thought it was Stamina that was limited to 150 not Dex?
Stam = Swingspeed
Dex = Run speed ??

No worries if the pet is lightning fast if it only hits at a slower rate,
the problem comes when it can run at lightning speed.....and its a caster ;)
Don't think they took that into account.......not surprised thou, i'm amazed they can even host a server these days.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dex is not capped at 150. I just saw a tamed Phoenix with over 250 Dex
Did it kill you. I doubt it. With all your crying about pets. How many PvPers use pets? Can you post 1 screen shot of a pet winning against a human?

:sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well my favorite groupie has returned :cool:

And you still complain without any testing or reality I see. Where's the screenshot? Are you glad that there are more people coming back to the game in Tram but your whining brought no tamers to Fel?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Revised taming script for 2017:

You start to tame the creature.

"You! Stop moving! I want to lull you into a false sense of security..."

"You wish to enter into a life of unquestioning servitude and abject slavery..."

"OMG! I SAID STOP MOVING!"

"I promise to keep you in bondage until it is convenient to dispose of you or I run out of stable slots."

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dex is not capped at 150. I just saw a tamed Phoenix with over 250 Dex
Is this true ?
Can anyone confirm this ?
All the animals I trained cap at 150 dex and stam ...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Is this true ?
I have seen a phoenix with over 150 dex. Have not noticed anything else being above 150 but.. with the way the new Lore screen works (ie having to close the freaking thing out before loring something else) I do not lore too many tamed critters these days.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is this true ?

Tonight I will post my Najasaurus build in the Taming forum. It has more than 150dex. It may cause the PvPers to have a fit tho. A pet might give @cobb a boo boo and she will cry. But since there are no pets in PvP it will be the usual imaginary problem.