• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Creatures that Yeild Relic Fragments

• Thread starter videogamejunkie
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
V

videogamejunkie

I realize that there are a lot of variables involved with this skill and the items associated with it but I was wondering if there is a rule of thumb as to what level creatures(i.e. fame level 5, 6, and so on) carry items that yeild relic fragments? I have done several searches and did not find any information on this. I have just started working on the imbuing of items. Up until now I have just been unraveling. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Any of the ML named creatures would be your best bets, from Swoop & Miasma, up to and including the peerless "boss" types. The fastest to farm would brobably be Swoop, Miasma, and the named undead in Bedlam.

Also, the bosses at Champ Spawns are good as well.

V

videogamejunkie

Thanks for the response. I don't mean to sound like an idiot but whats a swoop or a miasma. I know ML is Mondain Legacy(I think). I just returned after an 8 year layoff or so and there is a ton that I forgot and 3 times that that is new. Thanks again

L

longshanks

umm...

keep in mind that they hit hard unless ur properly equipped.

swoop may look like an innocent purple bird but she will have u in shades of grey. most use a dragon on her or a good sampire with a bird slayer talisman.

also u want to be on a positive karma character where the swoop is or you will be attacked by everything down there.

same for miasma who is a steroided out scorpian. a good scorp slayer weapon or tamer is your best bet there.

and you will have to loot the higher intensity items. i dont know the drop rate but u might be looking at 3-4 relic frags in an hour

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have always had good success with Medusa. I can pull 3-4 relic fragments from her each time. I just hate getting those damned snake eggs.

Stayin Alive,

BG

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've found that with high Luck (1.890), the Putrid Undead Gargoyles (The Red Ones) that spawn outside the Tomb of Kings at night drop some really good loot. I've gotten several Relic Fragment unravels off of them.

V

videogamejunkie

Ok I tried going after swoops and must have killed at least 50 and have not gotten 1 relic fragment from any of the items they dropped. My imbuing skill is just over 100 so it's high enough from what I have read. I saw a vendor in Luna selling them. He has well over 100 of them. Are these things hard to come by?

N

Nero Blackraven

Trust me you want your Imbuing at 120 for any chance of relic fragments and you have to unravel the items at the queens soul forge.

V

videogamejunkie

Well its kind of a catch 22 with the 120 imbuing skill. To get the scroll I have to get relic fragments. I sure as heck do not have the cash people are asking to buy a scroll.

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you could always scroll bine one together from the rewards from the other quests, it is not really that hard....

The New Scalias Creature From tossing a white net gives great items to unravel

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I combined 115's to get my 120.
This! Don't waste relic fragments to get your 120 imbuing scroll. Get 10 x 115 Imbuing scrolls using Enchanted Essence and combined them with a Scroll Binder. Heck, at the rate you're going with Miasma, you'll soon have enough gold to buy a 120 imbuing scroll if that is more your style. It should only take 3-4 trips of filling your pack with Miasma loot to get the 500 enchanted essence you'll need total to get that 120 scroll. Make sure you unravel at the Queen's Forge. You don't need loyalty to the Queen to unravel there... just to imbue. It's a nice bonus.

-OBSIDIAN-

V

videogamejunkie

So I should be trying to hunt for power scrolls or buy 10 115 power scrolls and combine them for a 120 if I am understanding you correctly.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
V

videogamejunkie

Thanks for the help. Sorry for all of the dumb questions. I just started playing again after several years away from the game and all the changes are a lot to decipher.