• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Creative ways to Coverup the Home of the Hearth?

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to place a Home of the Hearth fireplace, but am annoyed by the chimney sticking up through the upper floor. What are some creative ways to cover it up?

L

Luna Rossa

One thing you can try is placing some type of plant/flower etc and raising it up so it looks like there is a stone planter underneath of it.

G

Not exactly creative, but effective. The homefire chimney poked through onto the roof of a friend's tower, since the tower's decor theme is a bit on the gruesome side (he's a bloke
same one I built the bloodwood abattoir tables for) we just buried in a pile of bones.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
When I had my keep, I wanted the hearth here...

But it stuck up through the floor in the corner upstairs....I found that the tall elven wardrobes cover them nicely..though I HATE the way the wardrobes look.

G

I have 2 of them poking onto roof - one facing S and one E. What I did was build a gazebo type structure on the roof such that the verticals actually mask the chimney. I put fencing around the sides where a character MIGHT walk to ...

<shrug> Kinda hokey looking but it works and it's a darn sight purtier than a pile of bones!

G

If it fits your deco you can put a Large bed over it and you still need a pillow on the bed to fully cover the chimney. My bedroom is above my ktchen, works great.

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions. I thought about it and I *think( I came up with a creative solution that I am happy with for now. I think it still needs to be tweaked a bit, though.

I wanted the fireplace in the same spot of the keep as Larisa's. I was pretty set on keeping my gilded wooden chest in the dining room. So I tried to create the look of hanging plants above the chest. Here is the result:

I know the flowers look like they are hanging behind the chest rather than above, but oh well. My chimney is covered up.

G

Patty, can you try placing 2 of the SE tall hanging globe lanterns behind the chest, and then dropping your plants on top? If they will go back there on top of your offending hearth top, they will look like hanging plant pots.

-Skylark