• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

creating a spell weaving mage

S

Skaith

First i do know i have to do the quest
but far as skills go I want to make a peacer as well and looking ahead these are the skills I am thinking about

Spellweave 100
mage 100
resist spell 050
eval int 050
meditaion 050
Mace 050 I have never had mace before tht i would try it
music 100
provoke 100
peacing 100

Let me know if anybody has created a chrt like this or any ideas
thanks

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you announce twice that you're coming here under a different name. Then you come on this name and make a post about template advice.

I could be wrong, there could be more than one person that uses "chrt" to abbreviate character.

S

Skaith

yes i have two
not sure why tht would be a problem I am just excited

Are you only supost to have one

C

CaptainRon

Anyways
just need advice on a spellweave mage
waht kind of skills to focus on

S

Skaith

Tell you what I will get advice from someone who knows something about UO

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but far as skills go I want to make a peacer as well and looking ahead these are the skills I am thinking about

Spellweave 100
mage 100
resist spell 050
eval int 050
meditaion 050
music 100
provoke 100
peacing 100

thanks
Well ...
First: I would guess that you would get better replies on the spellcasters section of this forum.
Second: Have a look at the sticky threads there. (And on the bards and warriors forums)

- 50 macing wont help you at all. Without tactics and anatomy you wont do any damage at all with it. Not to mention that you will miss very often if not everytime. (Depensd on if you want to hunt monster more deadly than a cow with it.)
- 100 music + peace means never failing on area peace. But at little more dangerous areas this is only a very short escape. Monster will turn back on you very fast.
- 100 music + provo will help you only with low end spawns. Where you probably would be faster without.
- 100 spellweaving: Fine, this could be a decision. The higher spellweaving is, the harder it is to get enough weavers for a maximum focus. If you are looking for other weavers to build up regularly high-level focus and you are playing/looking on GL for them, this forum is the right place to try.
- 50 resist spells. Not really usefull. Especially in combination with peace you can forget about resist for PvM.
- 50 eval int. If you plan do do some damage with your magery, you should start planning with 100+ in this skill.
- 50 meditation. Spellweaving uses up a lot mana. I guess 100/110 is minimum if you dont have a very good armour suit and/or plan to use the necromancers wraith form.
- 100 magery. If you plan on using magery summons often, I would suggest to start with 110 magery.

Next step is up to you ... to decide what kind of spellweaver you want to play:
- a bard with spellweaving?
- a pure weaver-mage?
- a provo weaver-mage?
- a peace-mage weaver?

With only 700 skillpoints available and if you wants to fill in morelikely the supporter of a successfull group, I would suggest something like 120 music, provo, discord, 110 magery, meditation and 120 spellweaving. (No peacemaking included but you have a'similar' kind of emergency escape among the spellweaving spells.)

F

FireCrazy

So you announce twice that you're coming here under a different name. Then you come on this name and make a post about template advice.

I could be wrong, there could be more than one person that uses "chrt" to abbreviate character.

Of all the people in this UO world, YOU, Lynk shouldnt be one to judge character on someone having more than one Forum profile.....quit bein such a dumb @$$ and let the guy ask his questions.....if you dont like it, then quit reading his posts!

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of all the people in this UO world, YOU, Lynk shouldnt be one to judge character on someone having more than one Forum profile.....quit bein such a dumb @$$ and let the guy ask his questions.....if you dont like it, then quit reading his posts!
Mine was for comedy, his is just irritating. I'm not sure what set me off, I think its his inability to abbreviate properly.

Since when does "tht" stand for "thought"?

F

FireCrazy

Mine was for comedy, his is just irritating. I'm not sure what set me off, I think its his inability to abbreviate properly.

Since when does "tht" stand for "thought"?

Your comedic skills are poor to say the least, you critique everyones posts, and your so damn hypocritcal when it comes to others that maybe we think you are irritating.

His ability to abbr. properly set you off? My goodness...we better shut down stratics because of someones inability to abbreviate or spell correctly!! :thumbsup:

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your comedic skills are poor to say the least, you critique everyones posts, and your so damn hypocritcal when it comes to others that maybe we think you are irritating.

His ability to abbr. properly set you off? My goodness...we better shut down stratics because of someones inability to abbreviate or spell correctly!! :thumbsup:
To each his own.

I appreciate your level of concern, but shutting down Stratics is not necessary. Though I am touched that you would go to such extremes for me.

I'll keep this short, wouldn't want to cut in on your Ilsh Spawn time.

S

Skaith

It is all good Silverbird thanks for that advice I have played uo for along time now
and you really helped me with skills and how to make future characters.

Now far as this child called LYNK I have never met you or care to me you your nothing but a
disrepectful SH*T

I am old School UO I have played UO from the beginning
I started playing Ultima in 1983 well before it was online

One thing you will learn as you grow up (you sound like a child) Is If you have nothing to do
with the questions I ask or anyone else shut up and sit down

GOOD DAY!!

CYA

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now far as this child called LYNK I have never met you or care to me you your nothing but a
disrepectful SH*T

CYA
As Jack Handey said in one of his deep thoughts:

"A man doesn't automatically get my respect. He has to get down in the dirt and beg for it. "

You should log on your other profile and make a feeble insult attempt, that way it will look like two of you hate me.

W

wee papa smurf

Spellweave 100
mage 100
resist spell 050
eval int 050
meditaion 050
music 100
provoke 100
peacing 100

thanks
Sorry but that has to be one of the worst temps ever,
spellweaving 100 maybe
mage 100 dunno i would go for over the 110
resist 50 ?? seriously?
eval 50 not much use either
med 50 med goes by 20's so 40 would be 2mr and 50 would still be 2mr
mace 50 umm i wont even comment on that :bored:
music 100 ok but as always over 100 is better
and provo and peace i have no clue about so i wont even bother ;)

:danceb:

M

Malador

disrepectful SH*T
Lynk this guy has been her only a few days and he has you pegged perfectly.

R

RichDC

If you go to high spellweaving(gm or above) just ask for shady of DC*, shes always looking for a level 5. Apparantly the level 4 just isnt good enough!!

Theres plenty of weavers in DC im pretty sure they could round up people for a circle.

G

Grumm

Spellweave 100
mage 100
resist spell 050
eval int 050
meditaion 050
music 100
provoke 100
peacing 100

You're trying to do too much with this template. It is all over the place. You are trying to create a Spellweaving Mage Bard Macer.

The Spellweaving spell Word of Death has a min skill use of 80. While at 100 skill, it is effective, at 120 it can be devastating.

Magery at 100 or 120 is good IMO.

All my characters have 100 or more resist. 50 resist wont help you much at all.

At 50 Eval, you will have a 25% damage penalty with Magery spells. At GM you will have a 20% damage bonus and at 120, you will have a 38% damage bonus.

Only having 50 Meditation is pointless. Raise to 100 or better.

Get rid of Mace all together. You will barely hit anything. Not to mention, if you do, it wont matter. Without Tactics and Anatomy, your damage output will be pathetic. Put it this way.... even the sheep will laugh at you.

Consider picking up Inscription. At GM, you get a 10% damage bonus to all Magery spells. So with 120 Eval and 100 Inscription, you a 48% damage increase to your Magery spells without any Mods from items you may have. GM Inscription also benifits some magery spells effectiveness.

So far, we have:

Spellweaving 100 (+20)
Magery 100 (+20)
Eval 100 (+20) +20%/ +38% Magery spell damage increase.
Resist 100 (+20)
Med 100 (+20)
Inscription 100 +10% Magery spell damage increase.

This represents either 600 or 700 skill points, depending on what skills you want above GM. I at least suggest you have 120 in Magery, Eval and Spellweaving.

I wouldn't bother with the Bard skills on this template. Save that to go with a Tamer template.

My Mage template is:

Magery 120 (currently 107)
SW 120 (too low to mention)
Eval 120 (currently 113)
Resist 120
Med 120 (currently 110)
Scribe 100
Focus 20

This has been my imput. Take it for what you will.

R

RichDC

Looked like good advice, but just wanted to re-iterate to all spellweavers on the shard...If you wish to circle please seek out DC members and im sure they can help(if we not getting owned in fel!)