• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Game Creating a Fantasy Football League. Do u play?

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I am a major NFL Football fan. As you can tell in my avatar deal I am a Saints Fan. I have played Fantasy football for the past 7-8 years or so. Every year I run a couple of leagues with local friends of mine. Some are free and some we put some money up for to keep it interesting.

Earlier the thought passed through my head of having a Fantasy football league made up of my UO friends. If you have never played before...it is pretty simple. My wife played for the first time a few years ago...she picked her players based on attractiveness and ended up barley losing in the championship game and placing second. There is a little "skill" to it mainly just understanding how it works...but like my wife who had none of that...anyone can play and do good. I would suggest tho if you are not a Football fan then it prolly wouldn't be all that fun. Although, it could turn you into a fan. It does make watching games a lot more interesting.

I'm not moving forward with this idea yet...just thought I would post this here and see what kind of response I got. Once we figure out if we are going to take a shot at setting up a league we can decided if we want to keep it free or put some gold up. Free is fine with me...but if we put 10m up each or something it could make it a little more interesting. I usually stick to 10 or 12 person leagues. And if we have some people that are not so Fantasy savy it may be better to go with 10 person...picking players and everything is a little easier in 10 team leagues due to the stud players being more available.

Let me know what yall think. I would like to see what kind of response I get in the rares forum as this is the community I personally associate with more. But if we can get 5-6 people interested I will go ahead and create a league and hunt down a few more people. I play in Yahoo and ESPN. But I prefer Yahoo.

Thanks for checking it out and I look forward to hearing your responses.

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I have had 2 contact me on ICQ. So if we can get one or 2 more that want to play then I will kick this thing on. I half expected to have more of a response than we would have spots. I guess there are less football fans here than I expected.

If anyone is interested but fears playing because they have never done it before...I promise you it is not difficult and will be a lot of fun.

Ducan IronWeaver

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there gold involved to play? I've done a uo league before where we used gold as the buy in/prize for winning.. we had it as a 100 mil buy in with top 3 teams wining prizes.

Either way I'm down for it. If you still have room I'll play

Nemesis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
PS - I like the gold buy in. I think we should incorporate. It will keep people motivated each week as opposed to losing interest by week 5...

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im in, I would love to see a big pot and a weekly pot. Like 100m for the season and a 20m a week side bet.

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
We got enough interest that Im going to go ahead and create the league. I will set it as a 10 team league. If yall want to or if we get enough interest then we can move it to 12. I prefer 10...but I dont want to leave anyone out either. Also...I didn't cover the draft. I am a big fan of a Live online draft(obviously we can't all get together...to bad!). If no one opposes then that is what we shall do. If your not there is still picks your team according to your preset rankings or Yahoos and would be pretty close to the same as if we did a complete auto pick draft.

Thoughts?

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yahoo is my website to play from 10 or 12 is fine by me. ONline draft is the most fun, i can provide a vent for us to log into if you guys like.

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I would love to get in a vent while we do it. Hadn't even thought of that. That could be fun.

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I have created the league. I will need emails to start sending invites. I would suggest that you either send me your Email through PM or ICQ in order to keep it a little more private.

I set this league up to be similar to the most common styles of Fantasy Football. Please provide any input or ideas that you have...we really need to get this going. I set the draft to be Sunday Sept 6th @ 7:30 P.M Central. We can alter the day/time of the draft if we need to. I would like to do it no later than Sept 6th...but the time doesn't matter to me really. It is easier for me to do a later in the evening draft so that I have time to get my kids fed and ready for bed before I sit down. So if you want to adjust the time...we can take a vote or something.

Most of the league settings are Yahoo default...but I have altered a few things...they are as follows:

1) 10 team league with 6 teams in the playoffs. Playoffs are weeks 14, 15 & 16.
I always debate having 6 teams go to the playoffs....but I feel like it keeps everyone more active till the end of the regular season because those last few playoffs spots are usually still up for grabs till the very end.

2) Roster is yahoo normal which is QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, Def I have always added a Flex positions which will be RB/WR/TE. So we would have those 9 spots plus the Flex equaling 10 total starting players.

3) Scoring settings are very close to normal...you are welcome to check them out. The only major change is 1 point per reception. It is currently set up as a Full PPR league. I have almost always played this way and would prefer to keep it like that but I am open to suggestions and if the majority wants it removed or a 1/2 PPR then Im cool....just express your opinions.

That is pretty much everything I changed from the normal Yahoo settings. In my other leagues I usually change the QB passing TD's to 6 points...Yahoo default is 4 points. Being that all of us having played before I didn't want to be changing much so I left that alone...if yall normally play that way and want to change that to 6 then just say so and im down. I put all this info here rather than discussing it in the league discussion area because I feel like this is a easier place to type and discuss.

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Lets also discuss amount to put up and pay outs. I have had more people tell me they want to play for gold than not so I say we do it.

I like the idea of the weekly payouts. Here are some options.

Weekly Payout options:

60m a Person(600m total in payouts):
1st place- 190m
2nd place- 100m
3rd place- 50m
Weekly payouts of 20m x 13 regular season weeks = 260m

100m a person (1b in total payouts):
1st place- 400m
2nd place- 240m
3rd place- 100m
Weekly payouts of 20m x 13 reg season weeks = 260m

36m a person(360m in total payouts):
1st place- 100m

No Weekly Payouts:

10m a person(100m in payouts):
1st place- 60m
2nd place- 30m
3rd place- 10m

50m a person(500m in payouts)
1st place- 300m
2nd place- 150m
3rd place- 50m

100m a person(1b in payouts)
1st place- 600m
2nd place- 300m
3rd place- 100m

Winner taks all:

50m per person= 1st place 500m

10m per person= 1st place 100m

100m per person= 1st place 1b

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
My math could easily be wrong there...I just figured if we were going to pick something then it was best that I give some options and we can just see which options gets the most love.

I am on the fence between 60m a person with weekly payouts and 50m a person with no weekly payouts. I like the idea of having a shot of getting something weekly and I also like the big purse on those no weekly payouts so i'm stuck lol.

Blue Fly

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you thinking of doing a regular draft or an auction for players?

Once the league is together, people could always just bet each other if they wanted. A good weekly bet, if it happens, could be the one with the highest point total, or even the 2 highest totals split the pot.

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
The draft would be a regular snake draft. And any league I have played in that payed out a weekly pot was to the single highest scoring team of the week. So whoever scores the highest total each week would get 20m for that week.

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I need email addresses for:

@Nemesis
@Flutter
@Scribbles
@Ducan IronWeaver

I am not aware of any way to invite people other than that. Please send me your email by PM or ICQ. I will look to see if there is another way to get in w/o invites through email incase someone is nervous about giving their email out. I do remember a long time ago giving someone the league name and a pin number or something...but that may have been for a public league and this is a private league. But I will do some more checking. If you are not worried or want to make a email just for this then please go ahead and send me that so I can start sending out invites. I will be the only person to see your email...if you choose for it to be private on ur yahoo profile then others will not be able to see it. Thanks.

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Ok, I have sent invites to:

@Scribbles
@Nemesis
@Ducan IronWeaver

Still waiting for emails for:

@Flutter
@ivester77
@Puffin

We also need a couple more folks to fill this up. I think we have had 7 total people say they would play. It wont be hard to fill the league up, but I don't want to extend the invite to just anyone. I wanted to stay kind of in our little group here. But if we go into the weekend without any more people coming forward to join then I will start hunting in other areas.

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Bump. Still waiting on some peoples emails that have said they would play and need a couple more

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
We got enough interest that Im going to go ahead and create the league. I will set it as a 10 team league. If yall want to or if we get enough interest then we can move it to 12. I prefer 10...but I dont want to leave anyone out either. Also...I didn't cover the draft. I am a big fan of a Live online draft(obviously we can't all get together...to bad!). If no one opposes then that is what we shall do. If your not there is still picks your team according to your preset rankings or Yahoos and would be pretty close to the same as if we did a complete auto pick draft.

Thoughts?
yahoo online works for me! My $$$ league is there :)

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Ok your invite is sent @Keith of Sonoma

As of right now we have 4 teams in the league and 4 other invites sent. So that puts us at 8.

@Ducan IronWeaver I sent you a invite....did you get it?

@Flutter if you still want in...its time to do it. There are only 2 spots left open and I was hoping you were taking one of them. Palpatine/Don't Hate was trying to get me to join his UO league and told me that you were in there....did you leave us to play with the ATL Eliete Pvp squads? :cursing:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Think I am signed up. If not I'm not sure what else I need to do so ICQ me

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
@Flutter you may be signed up for a league.....but it aint this one. You never sent me a email address to send you a invite.

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Were we getting complaints about it being in this Forum? I put it here because this is the are of the forums that contains the people that we all associate with. The point in this league was to get players from the rares community. Most of us in the rares thread all associate/play with each other and a lot of us don't go to any other areas of Stratics so this community would have never seen this if it wasn't in this area. So while it may be off topic...this is where it belongs. We are pretty much full so it doesn't really matter now anyway. Just thought I would explain my decision to place it here.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Were we getting complaints about it being in this Forum? I put it here because this is the are of the forums that contains the people that we all associate with. The point in this league was to get players from the rares community. Most of us in the rares thread all associate/play with each other and a lot of us don't go to any other areas of Stratics so this community would have never seen this if it wasn't in this area. So while it may be off topic...this is where it belongs. We are pretty much full so it doesn't really matter now anyway. Just thought I would explain my decision to place it here.
wtf??? They moved it? Seriously? They allow the degradation of the dev team. Accusations of EM corruption, but a fun game among rares collectors is moved. Just wow. What is happening to this site.

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Yea I got some kind of notice saying it had been moved. There is still a link in the rares forum...but it said it would be deleted after 24hrs. Oh well. The purpose of the thread was mainly to get people in...once we are in we can figure out another way to communicate together. Zuckuss suggested creating a group PM for us.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wtf??? They moved it? Seriously? They allow the degradation of the dev team. Accusations of EM corruption, but a fun game among rares collectors is moved. Just wow. What is happening to this site.
We don't choose what people say. We just enforce the RoC to the best of our ability. I'm not sure what that has to do with a fantasy football thread being moved., but it was off-topic to the rares forum, so it was moved. It still has a 24 hour redirect though, which believe it or not actually brings more attention to the thread. By the looks of it, it may even fill up by then.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I like the idea of paying 1st, 2nd, and 3rd with no weekly payouts. But I'm game for whatever. Just let me know who to pay my dues to, and when. See y'all at the draft!!!!!

[Edit] It looks like we have the full 10 players! WOOT!

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
@Scribbles @Flutter @Puffin @Nemesis @Ducan IronWeaver @ivester77 @Zuckuss

We need to figure out something about dues pretty quick. I have people that like the idea of weekly and people that don't. I say we put it to a vote. I listed a bunch of options earlier in this thread, but for the sake of voting I am going to take it down to three....the one that gets the most votes wins...simple as that.

Option 1) 50m Entry fee- No Weekly Payouts
1st place- 300m
2nd place- 150m
3rd place- 50m

Option 2) 60m Entry Fee-With Weekly Payouts
1st place- 190m
2nd place- 100m
3rd place- 50m
Weekly payouts of 20m x 13 regular season weeks = 260m

Option 3) 100m Entry Fee- With Weekly Payouts
1st place- 400m
2nd place- 240m
3rd place- 100m

Just in case anyone doesn't understand the weekly payouts deal I will go over it real quick. If we choose a option that has weekly payouts then each week the single team with the highest total score will win the weekly payout for that week...only through the regular season, not the playoffs. So for instance if Scribbles score for one week is 180 and everyone else scores below that then Scribbles will have won 20m. If Scribbles goes on to play me in the championship(and loses of course) then he would receive the 2nd place payout of 100m and also get 20m for the week he had the highest score...totaling 120m. If he had the highest score weeks 2, 3 and 7 and didn't make the playoffs he would end up with 60m..or if he still placed second he would get the 2nd place payout of 100m + the 60m from 3 weekly payouts totaling 160m. I tried to put that in as simple a terms as possible, but I feel it still may be confusing. If so just ask some questions. It does add another exciting element to each week, and usually works out to where a lot of the league gets a little something.

Last edited:

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I have gone back and forth on this. I am voting for Option 2. I have only played in a league like this once...and I did kind of like it. It works out well if you end up not placing, but do get the highest score once or twice...then you end up getting gold even tho u didnt place 1st, 2nd or 3rd.

Ducan IronWeaver

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like #3 also..

I like the 400 mil for 1st place.. it's kind of like the winner gets enough gold to buy a nice higher end rare.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
3 is cool with me. let me know buddy.