• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Create a BBQ/Picnic area - 4th of July event

EM Sangria

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The area you (yes, you!) will be decorating is:
167' 46" S
21' 9" E

Date and time still need to be approved, but it's looking like Friday of that weekend might work. I wanted to give those of you that have the love of decorating in their blood plenty of time to gather materials.

Anyway, I'd like individuals/teams/guilds/friends/family/etc. to sign up for a section you'd like to deco. Some sections I came up with are:

BBQ Pit
Outdoor Kitchen
Eating area
Bar area
Seating area for bar
oasis

So pick one of the above (or make up your own), then post what you are going to decorate along with who is helping you. Once a section is picked it's gone so post early!

EM Sangria

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh! One more note! I can now place deeded items. So if you want a carpet, bring the deed and I can place and lock it down for you.

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you make a few hammiks and a sand castle or 2 (sculpture be nice)

Actuale roast pork on a spit..

A beer keg ...a few large torches...logs in a circle and a stack of branches as fire wood..

A fire that looks like a tipi about char high...

Hmmm some togas?? haha...
pitcher of lemonade different colors be nice..
Folding chairs....
There are so many things that are not in the game yet seem so easy to add...

Oh well have fun....its July 1 for me....

Radugast

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you able to raise and lower items? Also is this deco a permanant fixture?

EM Sangria

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
T-Hunt - I think we can add branches for firewood. Send me a pic of what you'd like to see, and I'll find out if Mesanna can do it.

Radugast - no can't raise of lower items. We'll have to try out the old fashioned way.

and yes - this deco will be a permanent fixture.
:thumbup1:

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes i was looking along the line of the branches from lich spawn in abyss with a bramble look..but would need to be more dence..

I can see the look in my head but dont have any pics for it..

Oh yes how about a swing set , rope in a tree with a board attached to it?
i think the arts department can whip something up fast..
They are very good at what they do..just dont get to much into details, other wise you make it look out of place..

C

Curran

So how big will each spot be? I assume each party will get a separate piece of land to deco. Do we get to choose which spot we want to deco as well?

EM Sangria

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You choose the spot. This isn't a contest, we need to make everything fit together/look right if you know what I mean.