• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[crazy pets - cu]

krilov

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i had these 2 cu and since i needed to kill the 1st cu..i decided to rea
lease it and doing a cool provoke-vs using my actual main cu: u know..just for having some fun..

1st -

572 hp
114 stamina/dex
605 str
134 mana

full skilled ( all skills at 100 but res spell ) and with the following res
62-41-84-45-80

versus

2nd -

562 hp
89 dex
602 str
137 mana

half-trained: wrest&tactics = 100, anat 97, healing 87
Its resist were the following: 65-43-80-50-84

since it's cu vs cu ..enery and cold resist influences the results as well as the difference in stats& skills.

Now, according to the calculator 1st cu is a 3.9 while 2nd cu is a 4.2
Said this, since it's tamed cu vs tamed cu ..energy and cold resist influences the results as well as the difference in stats& skills.
At least that's what i've thought.

Anyway, stop here and tell me on fly wich cu should win in your opinion?
My idea was the 1st cu had to win easely and if not doing it easely, it had to win.

-----wait 2 seconds..and go on reading------

...the result? the 1st cu lost. well it was a cool vs to see, but i was like 0_o
1st question here? HOW the hell did he lose being superior in all the aspects than the other? more hp, more stamina, more..everything, even higher skills!
Resists? i would say they were basicly they same- 84/80 vs 80/84

The crazy thing was that he went down fastly to almost half hp during the initial part of vs -, and right when he had about 20% hp left, he finally seemed to act rightly, dmging the 2nd cu badly. Really it was smthing like 20% hp left (1st cu) vs 95% hp left (2nd) -- crazy ..isn't it?!?!

An other thing i noticed was the timing for healing. both cu healed themselves exactly at the same time! the 1st healed himself, so did the 2nd ..at the same time.

Any idea? XD

S

sherkborg

I guessed right (second cu won) however looking back i compared the wrong resists and after looking in depth, I would have said the first one once I really compared them. By all means the numbers show the first one winning.

I would say the reason the second one won was this. On attack each has ... will say 50% chance to hit or close to. The first cu missed (random luck) and the second one hit (luck). At this point the second cu is going to be reducing the first cus stam. And after getting him down quickly (raw luck) his stam is so degraded its a loss since his swing time is much lower.

Honestly you should do a best of 3 to rule out lucky fighting. IVe had 2 dragons before where one was the same, lower stats but it hit way harder. First fight it creamed the other. Second and third fights it lost really bad. Sometimes they just get lucky.

5% Luck

The strange things I noticed about pets is they tend to get "comfortable" witha mob type. Not in the long run but more, short term. Like if I bring a pet to a spawn the 1st few mobs tend to do more damage to my pet then the rest of the time I spend there. Then if I switch mobs again, it will take more damage again for a few rounds.

Might be what happened to you here. I mean was the winner fighting cu's before the fight?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The results would be a toss up.

From the difference in strength bonus, the cu #1 gets less than 1 point more damage per shot than cu #2. After resists are calculated, the damage difference is less than half a point difference per hit.

Resists are the same.

The first cu has 1.8% more hit points than the second.

Stamina is only an issue for the first moments of the fight. After both cu's land hits, their respective stamina goes down to 0, and they swing at the same rate. In a long fight, the stamina is never regenerated.

Similarly, cu #1 only heals 1 point more, on average, per attempt. Throwing in getting-interrupted, and it's less than that (do pets get interrupted?). For 65 point heals, that's also 1.5%.

So cu #1 will win more in a large number of battles (assuming #2 doesn't train up skills), but the odds of either winning are close enough to 50% that I wouldn't bet on any single fight.