• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crazy Elf

Daenyra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Darkness filled the halls and rooms of the castle, unlike most nights, tonight the only thing stirring around within these walls were Raghara, the owl, and Myself. Soon however the Nocturnal instincts would drive him out to fly over the bitter cold snow on the island, then I would totally be alone. The sound of Raghara's soft coo kept me focused and was comforting. Tonight there would be silence, no rattling around downstairs by Turner our fix it person, she was nice to have around though, she was a great cook, made some tasty brews, and could fix most anything. She however did seem to stay to herself and what went on in that room of hers one would never know, not even sure I wanted to know. Since the Dragons withdraw from Ter Mur this was where we stayed and venturing beyond here did not exist for me since, some say I went mad, I had heard the rumors before we left Ter Mur. Good reason I suppose they thought such, after all I had befriended a VooDoo Witch deep within the swamps and my sole purpose in life had become cursing the King. I had gone to the Governors meeting and I did manage to get the strand of hair she needed but as of yet nothing more had been done to curse the King. The last few months I had not been to the mainland, I knew not what the Monarch was inflicting upon the lands. News did not come quickly to this island, I had gotten bored of my vengence on the King. However I had taken an evening cruise on a ship to Nujelm a few weeks ago, to retrieve some sand for Turner and in hopes to find reasons to make regular journeys to bring back goods to the Castle. While in the tailor shop looking and the fine cloths they had to offer, I overheard voices beyond the shop, slowly I made my way towards them. Not sure what was going on I listened for a bit. Was good to be in the warm sunshine and warmer climate away from Dagar Island. That was my last moments around people other then the few who came and went at the Castle.
My solitude was about to be broken this evening, as the pounding on the doors bellowed through the Castle. The beating on the door had startled me, blinking and a deep sigh I stood and slowly made way towards the doors, who would be knocking at this time of night. Reluctantly I opened the door, there standing was a messenger, towering over me I looked up at the Winged Being into the eyes of my friend Huk, the young Gargoyle who had lived at the Guild hall in Ter Mur, I felt guilt as I looked into his eyes, for leaving him behind. No smile upon his face this day, only a furrowed brow, and him clearing his throat to speak. "Miss Daeny, I came to warn you..." as I listened and heard the words I began to feel sick, what was he going to warn me of, he continued, " it's , well it's your Mother and not the one you wished were your Mom, the real one." Rolling my eyes, I couldn't imagine what she would be up to now, or could I, she had been missing again and I should have known she was up to something. " What is she doing now?" with a deep sigh I replied. "Well she seems to be trying to make friends, but you asked me to keep you posted of what I hear or see of her" the young Gargoyle stood as a smile beemed on his face as he spoke the words to me. The young Garg was still loyal to me, some relief from my guilt as I smiled back. "Has she spoke of me?" I asked, thinking I would know the answer to be a No. Huk's smile faded a little as he spoke, " Yes Maam, shes told people she is your Mother, and I was told shes told some you hate the King and wish your Dragons would eat him". Oh this was not good, why would she say that to people, even though it was true. I couldn't have people thinking I had gone Mad. Or who cares, its just the ramblings of a crazy Elf Lady,....Aleera, who would believe her. Good to know what she is up to and maybe I can use this to my advantage. So maybe I shall play the part she unfolds of me or maybe use it against my Mother, time will only tell. In the meantime a party awaits preparing for and preparations needs done within the dusty rooms of the castle.....