• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] Crashing to desktop like a disease

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ive crashed to desktop about 4 times today on two accounts. just running through mildly populated areas. this is pure, spartan, madness. Anyone else?

O

Old Man of UO

I am too, but not quite that often, a couple times a day. I've looked for something in common - like getting hit by a fireball or lightning - but it just seems to occur randomly. It's only been occurring about 2 or 3 weeks now; how long have you noticed this?

S

Sturdy

I have the occasional client poof- like once a week or so? What I did have this weekend was two BSODs. Could be my computer, but it has only ever happened 3-4 times all while playing UO.

Win7/64, Fancy gaming computer.W intel 920 and AMD Graphics card.

O

Old Man of UO

I have the occasional client poof- like once a week or so? What I did have this weekend was two BSODs. Could be my computer, but it has only ever happened 3-4 times all while playing UO.

Win7/64, Fancy gaming computer.W intel 920 and AMD Graphics card.
The only time I've had BSOD with the EC client turned out to be a bad RAM. I of course blamed it on the game, but it was a high memory address RAM that got used only when a large amount of memory was used and only crashed with UO.

I'd double check hardware just to be sure.