• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crashing in CC

StealYourFace

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got back from vacation yesterday. Logged in got the patch. Everything was fine. When I logged on to test center later on my game wasn't in full screen. I switched it to full screen mode. Now every time I log in, no matter what shard it is its not in full screen and I have to switch it. When I log out to change characters I crash. Every single time.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would check that your character data folder isn't write protected

This is normally located in Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy

Try right click that folder and select properties, at the bottom of the properties window, you was see a "read only" check box, clear it if its check with a v or square.

Let me know if it help

StealYourFace

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I checked this. It had a square . I unchecked it and still had crashes. I changed it so that it had a check mark instead of a square and now I get fatal error when I try to log in and crash. Now I cant get it to change back to the way it was before when I just crashed trying to change characters.

StealYourFace

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I got it to change back to where it only crashes when I try to log out. I guess ill just deal with it for now and try to reinstall UO again tomorrow.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the square means that subfolder(s) and/or selected files are read only, but not all of em.
the v means that they all are.

removing it entirely would be the correct setting.

but not sure what the problem is then, you running assist with it when you crash?

You can try a full file check via the patcher (it's at the bottom of the patcher)

StealYourFace

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Running the full file check fixed it. Thank you.

What exactly does running a file check do , if I may ask.

StealYourFace

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I spoke too soon. I was able to log out and back in once without it crashing . The 3rd time I tried it did it again. Oh well.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The file check checks for corruption in the uo files.

Were you running assist when you crashed though, if so: try without assist and see if it still does it (just for testing purposes)