• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crashing all the time leaving...

Blues Topside

Adventurer
Governor
Without fail, I can recall out of the Abyss and crash. Can this be fixed? This mainly happens near the Imp spawn. This happens in Classic Client.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I crash about a minute after I enter abyss just about 90% of the time. I have a powerful gaming computer too so idk what the issue is.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I crash about a minute after I enter abyss just about 90% of the time. I have a powerful gaming computer too so idk what the issue is.
I have this situation. I have experienced the OP scenario just a few times.

Scott1234

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Send an email to one of the UO devs asking for debugging instructions. It’s usually along the lines of collecting a call stack dump at the crash site, and sending that back to the dev. This google search gives you a taste: “how to debug windows application crash”

Reactions: dvv

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The first steps I would do is following;
1) Download original driver to your grapic card from vendor (nvidia.com or amd.com)
2) Perform filecheck on the drive where UO is installed (properties on drive, tools, check drive)
3) Perform full fillecheck from patch screen
4) Update chipsetdrivers (if intel, from intel.com - if amd from amd.com)
5) Rename EA Games in document's folder - and only copy back macros.txt and try, - if all ok, copy back desktop file and try.