• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] CRASH on Start

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Locate the folder where you installed the Enhanced Client in (default location is \Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss).

In that folder, there is a file called "mft.myp". This is the manifest file that keeps track of the versioning of each file that the patcher updates.

Delete that file and try patching again. Let me know if there are any new files that get patched up after this process and if the crash is still happening.

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Billy,

I can send you the log if that's gonna help, I can't post it on here since it's too big 129K. Please leave email address here or pm me your email address so I can send it over.

Thanks for looking into this.
Absolutely. Send the log to: [email protected]

Thanks, it's much appreciated.

To the rest of the folks, just want to let you guys know, we're still looking into this.

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It looks like certain files did not patch up gracefully for a small percentage of you.

We enabled a one-time only full file check on our end, so the next time you run the patcher for the client, it will run a verification step on all existing game files to see if they're correct.

Let us know if this solves the issue for you guys. It looks like one person already has things straightened out. :)

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ehm - I guess I'm part of the small percentage, as even the latest patch did nothing to solve my issue. First time I ran it, tho, I got a popup message about a corrupted server-side file (TerrainDefinition.uop), and the log shows something along those lines.
I'm sending a zipped copy of the log to the mail you provided, but I should warn you that I made a few experiments earlier, renaming those files that seemed to have had troubles with patching, to force a new download.
Got the log. Thanks. We'll keep looking into this.

Supreem

Founder, Citadel Studios
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We rebuilt and repushed the patch out. Please try again and let us know if you are good.

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The suggestion at this point is to re-install the client if you are still running into issues. Your macros and user settings will be unaffected by this process, but if you wish to back these files up, it is located in: \My Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss

We are continuing to work with other engineers to figure out the root of this problem so that the patching process will go smoothly for all players in the future.

Apologies to those who are affected by this issue.