• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] CRASH on Start

C

Caelas

After the 191MB patch tonight, I see the spashscreen with the Gargoyles...then the client closes. Kinda sucks, need some help. Running Vista, everything was fine earlier today.

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Locate the folder where you installed the Enhanced Client in (default location is \Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss).

In that folder, there is a file called "mft.myp". This is the manifest file that keeps track of the versioning of each file that the patcher updates.

Delete that file and try patching again. Let me know if there are any new files that get patched up after this process and if the crash is still happening.

kamiiyu22

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

Delete the file "mft.myp", run uosa.exe, patcher re-create the file "mft.myp", no files got patch, still crash to desktop after the pressing "Play".

OS is Window 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

kamiiyu22

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Billy,

I can send you the log if that's gonna help, I can't post it on here since it's too big 129K. Please leave email address here or pm me your email address so I can send it over.

Thanks for looking into this.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After the 191MB patch tonight, I see the spashscreen with the Gargoyles...then the client closes.
I am having the same issue. My PC is running XP. I was going to give the client another try today too :sad4:

Stayin Alive,

BG

htapro

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Client is doing the same for me as well after todays patch. Running XP Pro.
Not sure if this is related: the first attempt to patch failed, the second attempt was successful. Patcher log is filled with errors from the first attempt, but has no errors from the second.
Cheers!

P

pgcd

Same here, running win7. Will try patching again (but i see no log).

Ok, I tried patching, to no avail: no file was patched - this is what the patcher's log has to say about it:
Code:
[2009/08/21 17:47:39] libpatchclient initialized.
[2009/08/21 17:47:39] Currently running as [C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\uopatch.exe]
[2009/08/21 17:47:40] Currently running as [C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\uopatch.exe]
[2009/08/21 17:47:40] Notification of restart with alternate filename
[2009/08/21 17:47:41] libpatchclient initialized.
[2009/08/21 17:47:41] Currently running as [C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\uopatch.bin]
[2009/08/21 17:47:42] Nothing to patch for [EAMythic Patcher]
[2009/08/21 17:50:54] Nothing to patch for [UO Test]
[2009/08/21 17:50:54] Patch Operation Complete.

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Billy,

I can send you the log if that's gonna help, I can't post it on here since it's too big 129K. Please leave email address here or pm me your email address so I can send it over.

Thanks for looking into this.
Absolutely. Send the log to: [email protected]

Thanks, it's much appreciated.

To the rest of the folks, just want to let you guys know, we're still looking into this.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just Curious ....

While BT is working his magic .....

First off, I run Windows 7 32 Bit on one machine and Windows 7 64 Bit on the other machine.

The 32 Bit version is running a Celeron D CPU
The 64 Bit version is running a Core 2 Quad Core CPU.

Both work just fine for the Enhanced Client, the KR client, the Enhanced Classic 2D Client and the 2D client.

Some questions,

1) Are your Video Drivers up to date in specific and more generally speaking are there any outstanding updates you have not applied to your Windows 7 RTM

2) Is your computer a single or multi core processor.

3) What is the Video Card your using.

4) What is the sound system your using and do you ever hear the SA music.

Now I am trying to remember if the UAC gets involved AGAIN after the patcher. Naughty me, I just turn the dumb thing off and I think the MS Firewall only gets involved once but it may be twice asking if it should allow the program(s) to access the internet.

htapro

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just tried it again "for kicks" ... seems like another small patch came through, and all is working fine now!
Many thanks :)

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It looks like certain files did not patch up gracefully for a small percentage of you.

We enabled a one-time only full file check on our end, so the next time you run the patcher for the client, it will run a verification step on all existing game files to see if they're correct.

Let us know if this solves the issue for you guys. It looks like one person already has things straightened out. :)

K

Kiminality

It looks like certain files did not patch up gracefully for a small percentage of you.

We enabled a one-time only full file check on our end, so the next time you run the patcher for the client, it will run a verification step on all existing game files to see if they're correct.

Let us know if this solves the issue for you guys. It looks like one person already has things straightened out. :)
Couldn't we get an option on the patcher to trigger a verification ourselves?

P

pgcd

Ehm - I guess I'm part of the small percentage, as even the latest patch did nothing to solve my issue. First time I ran it, tho, I got a popup message about a corrupted server-side file (TerrainDefinition.uop), and the log shows something along those lines.
I'm sending a zipped copy of the log to the mail you provided, but I should warn you that I made a few experiments earlier, renaming those files that seemed to have had troubles with patching, to force a new download.

C

Caelas

The tester is working, I can verify that. It's checking my files...It works! THANK YOU!

Edit....WTF the coastlines are BRIGHT PINK! The tan area going up to the grass...yeah...like, punk rocker PINK...oOMG all the tan areas are PINK!!!

htapro

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL ... for me too. As attached image shows, hillside art is displaying as: "BAD ART ID CONTACT ENGINEERING"

Attachments

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ehm - I guess I'm part of the small percentage, as even the latest patch did nothing to solve my issue. First time I ran it, tho, I got a popup message about a corrupted server-side file (TerrainDefinition.uop), and the log shows something along those lines.
I'm sending a zipped copy of the log to the mail you provided, but I should warn you that I made a few experiments earlier, renaming those files that seemed to have had troubles with patching, to force a new download.
Got the log. Thanks. We'll keep looking into this.

C

Caelas

Even better inside the Malas Mines...

Dr. Raymond Stantz: So you think there's a link between this Viggo person and the uh...slime?
Dr. Egon Spengler: Is the atomic weight of Cobalt 58.9?

Supreem

Founder, Citadel Studios
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We rebuilt and repushed the patch out. Please try again and let us know if you are good.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about looking into the Crash on Exit now?
Game runs perfect for me, but exiting will always give the windows error message on my Vista 64. It sends report back.

E

Ereon

I'm still getting the crash on startup here. Got patch errors a couple of times (i can't remember specifically what file was the error though), but it then finalised properly after a couple of attempts. I have tried deleting the mft.myp file and trying again. The patching completes but the client still exits as soon as it gets to the Gargoyle splashscreen. I'm using Vista 32bit

Any ideas?

C

Caelas

Still pink, didn't see my client grab any new patch. I'm assuming you guys have a way to tell the client the patch is different...

kamiiyu22

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HI Billy and Supreem,

Download the patch, all files patched according to patcher, run client and no crash to desktop.
Read the log and it show a bunch of corrupted files.
Exit client, no error message either.
Have the pink problem, please see attached picture.
Patch log provided as well.

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

S

Sweeney

Getting this in my patch log (patch fails after downloading uopatch.exe)

[2009/08/21 19:46:39] libpatchclient initialized.
[2009/08/21 19:46:39] Currently running as [C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\uopatch.exe]
[2009/08/21 19:46:39] Currently running as [C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\uopatch.exe]
[2009/08/21 19:46:41] Notification of restart with alternate filename
[2009/08/21 19:46:42] libpatchclient initialized.
[2009/08/21 19:46:42] Currently running as [C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\uopatch.bin]
[2009/08/21 19:46:42] Patch size is 353039
[2009/08/21 19:46:45] Failed local write for remote file [base/unpacked/3673c7b744e84ee9].
[2009/08/21 19:46:45] Failed [1] files for product [EAMythic Patcher].
[2009/08/21 19:46:45] Failed to patch stage [main].
[2009/08/21 19:46:45] Failed to patch patcher product.

Is this problem on my end? It was working fine before.

S

Sweeney

Bump.......
Pleae fix this I haven't even reset my 2d macros yet after reformatting my HD. I love SA/EC.. fix it :bored:

P

pgcd

Uninstalled and reinstalled, got more patching errors in the process, but now everything seems to work (didn't have time to check for textures tho).

P

PowerFullPete

I got the pink colour all over the screen too now with the art probs, tried deleting the "mft.myp" file and still same ...too bad this happened on the weekend

D

Der Rock

:)the game runs fine again on my Vista computer ;) thx

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The suggestion at this point is to re-install the client if you are still running into issues. Your macros and user settings will be unaffected by this process, but if you wish to back these files up, it is located in: \My Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss

We are continuing to work with other engineers to figure out the root of this problem so that the patching process will go smoothly for all players in the future.

Apologies to those who are affected by this issue.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something I noticed .... when running UBUNTU.WineX was that the client would crash like being described.

What the solution was .... was to copy the directx dll into the correct directory. That solved that problem.

P

PowerFullPete

Re-installing fixed the problem! And all macros were there too(i backed em up just incase) no more pink and missing art!

S

Sweeney

A 1.8 gig download each time the patcher screws up? Ouch, for me that's a 5 hour download.

kamiiyu22

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re-install fix the problem, still got patch error and have to restart the patcher.
All the pink area are back to normal.

Thanks.

S

Sweeney

Re-install fix the problem, still got patch error and have to restart the patcher.
All the pink area are back to normal.

Thanks.
About to test it myself.. it's a sad thing though, if a redownload of 1.8 gigs is required each time there is a screw up.

S

Sweeney

It worked.. nice to know personally, but terrible considering the cost, 1.8 gigs of download.