• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crash and glitches after the patch.

unlord

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
After the patch yesterday. Ive been crashing on log OUT, about half the time. Game freezes and i have to start windows task manager to close it.

Before the patch i would crash time to time on log in. This was annoying but bareable.

But with crashing during log out, it creates a problem of stuff i changed in the UI and macros not saving. It was painful today trying to set up the interface of a new char having it crash a few times and redo it again and again.

Also after yesterday's patch, sometimes the loot would look like this (attached picture) All the items would look like that and even when i loot it the weird icon stays there. I have to mouse over to look at what it is.

Also one last thing so far, the color coding of magic items doesnt seem to be working anymore. (red for stuff that unravels into residue, green for stuff that unravels into essence, etc) Before the patch this would happen in maybe one out of 20corpses, but now it's happening all the time, if i even get to see the loot at all and not have it look like some mitltary ranking icon lol.

Anyone getting the same thing?

dafaq.jpg

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After the patch yesterday. Ive been crashing on log OUT, about half the time. Game freezes and i have to start windows task manager to close it.

Before the patch i would crash time to time on log in. This was annoying but bareable.

But with crashing during log out, it creates a problem of stuff i changed in the UI and macros not saving. It was painful today trying to set up the interface of a new char having it crash a few times and redo it again and again.

Also after yesterday's patch, sometimes the loot would look like this (attached picture) All the items would look like that and even when i loot it the weird icon stays there. I have to mouse over to look at what it is.

Also one last thing so far, the color coding of magic items doesnt seem to be working anymore. (red for stuff that unravels into residue, green for stuff that unravels into essence, etc) Before the patch this would happen in maybe one out of 20corpses, but now it's happening all the time, if i even get to see the loot at all and not have it look like some mitltary ranking icon lol.

Anyone getting the same thing?
are you sure that you are using the latest UI patch?
With the last client patch there was a little change on the item properties and it will gives you trouble with older versions of the UI :p

Last edited:

unlord

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Doh... you are right. I "patched" it last night, but i had another instance of uo opened when ran the patcher, so that didnt work.

i closed everything and reused to ui patcher today and it fixed the weird loot thing. Thanks!

Unsure if the log out crashes are related though, havent logged in and out much to verify.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doh... you are right. I "patched" it last night, but i had another instance of uo opened when ran the patcher, so that didnt work.

i closed everything and reused to ui patcher today and it fixed the weird loot thing. Thanks!

Unsure if the log out crashes are related though, havent logged in and out much to verify.
it's possible that all the problems with the item properties may cause some of the crashes...