• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crafting success rates

G

I'm in BF trying to craft some things for a friend.

I have 20.99 locked in both charisma and logic and am trying to make an Irrigation system . (for which you need 20 in charisma and logic). I'm full green on every attempt.

So far I've tried at least 11 times and have not been successful once.

Earlier I made 5 pet feeders (18 cooking, 18 logic) and my success rate was 1 in 3 (sometimes better).

Does anyone know if this normal for the irrigation system or is there possibly a problem? I wasn't expecting it to be easy, but 0 in 11 seems kind of harsh?

Polly

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

I'm in BF trying to craft some things for a friend.

I have 20.99 locked in both charisma and logic and am trying to make an Irrigation system . (for which you need 20 in charisma and logic). I'm full green on every attempt.

So far I've tried at least 11 times and have not been successful once.

Earlier I made 5 pet feeders (18 cooking, 18 logic) and my success rate was 1 in 3 (sometimes better).

Does anyone know if this normal for the irrigation system or is there possibly a problem? I wasn't expecting it to be easy, but 0 in 11 seems kind of harsh?

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]
I am also going crazy in BF trying to craft an irrigation system. I have the skills locked at 20.99 and I make my attempts when I'm fully green. I think my last attempt was #14. This seems way too difficult. I have crafted beds and roach motels with no major problem, some failures but not excessive like the irrigation system. My conspiracy theory is they have changed the odds on crafting the irrigation system to 1 in 100 since it is an important component for tree farmers.

K

Keep It Real

It seems normal for production cities. Before long you will make 3 in a row or maybe 2 out of 3 attempts. This has always been the hardest item to craft with so many failures.

I

imported_Spacey

I am having problems too - see my thread about crafting and pet pulls being more difficult.

I

imported_Shirl1211

Irrigation systems have always been the toughest for me to craft to. I'm in BF and am maxed in all skills yet sometimes I will attempt that thing 17 times before I get 1. After that it seems like I get maybe 1 out of 3. Good Luck!!

G

Yes you and Kir are right, after around 15 with nothing, I made 2 in a row, then got another 1 in 4 attempts and then back to 17 with nothing .... rinse repeat.

At least now I know and will be prepared next time

Polly

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

Yes you and Kir are right, after around 15 with nothing, I made 2 in a row, then got another 1 in 4 attempts and then back to 17 with nothing .... rinse repeat.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

I think crafting needs a few tweaks here and there.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

I think crafting needs a few tweaks here and there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed.

A couple of years back I was in DC and had zero skills for crafting the carnivorous vines. I tried and got one on the first try! I had done it as a joke, but was emboldened. The next few tries were failures. Still, I thought it was pretty funny that I made it with no skills. I always did think crafting was at least 85% lottery.

G

Hi Polly
. Crafting is one of the few things I loved about the game. Another nail in the coffin with the rates going down.

I always wanted to change up those crafted items. I wanted a beautiful bed with a canopy and flowing ivory fabric. I wanted an upscale coffee table. And who can forget the <font color="pink"> pink tv </font> .

I

imported_Gracie Nito

In TC3 we are no longer charged at all for failures. You keep your money and your parts for each attempt. Basically the cost of crafting is now just time and one charge for item. How much time do you want to spend falling on your butt to make something?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hi Polly
. Crafting is one of the few things I loved about the game. Another nail in the coffin with the rates going down.

I always wanted to change up those crafted items. I wanted a beautiful bed with a canopy and flowing ivory fabric. I wanted an upscale coffee table. And who can forget the <font color="pink"> pink tv </font> .

[/ QUOTE ]

One of these days with custom content, someone is going to make us a pink TV !!! I already have a few adorable pink chairs in preparation ......

And one of these days, you might just be able to make that bed of yours ...

Crafting in TC3 is much more reasonable, like Gracie said - I'd craft there more if I had the skills and money.

Btw, its great to see you here, I was only asking someone about you the other day. I miss ya.

Polly

I

imported_SimTripps

DELETED MY REPLY lol... Thought there was an irrigation bug... but there's not lol..

G

Took me 20 times literally to craft my first irragation system after that maybe1 in 5 attempts. The clothing rack is even harder. But with maxed skills by far the craft bench needs tweaking if you ask me. It seems it just eats up your money. And you would think owners of that bench would get a kick back of money whenever the bench is used as do Code and Pizza owners. I realize the craft bench is on service lots but even service lotowners deserve a chanch to make money on the services they offer. That craft bench is expensive. Well everywhere but in TC3.
Happy crafting folks.
Granny Mabel