• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crafting looks pretty cool..

• Thread starter kennykilleduo
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
N

Northman

I'm definitely going apothecary. Potions are always awesome to have to get out of sticky situations.

To those that say potions are cheating, get your own!

:cursing:

R

RJO

I hope we get some sort of equipment crafting.

I like the angle they have taken - it will be interesting to see people working together to discover the combines...

L

Lairkingo

it's about time... crafting has taken a back seat for too long in MMOs.

I think crafting should be *extremely* difficult in WAR... make it something a character has to truly master.

Skycapp

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've always thought it should be easy for anyone to use in general... but hard to master.

That way at higher level those that are truly crafting gifted can make a name for themselves, but it doesn't stop the flow of trade in good that people generally need to be crafted.

A

Azureal

I've always thought it should be easy for anyone to use in general... but hard to master.

That way at higher level those that are truly crafting gifted can make a name for themselves, but it doesn't stop the flow of trade in good that people generally need to be crafted.
Couldnt agree more. SWG promoted this sort of craft mastery back in the day. Any Gunsmith could make a blaster, and have a good chance at selling it. But only those that strived to be the best would find the best resources, experiment properly and produce the best weapons.

The next MMO to recieve my monthly subscription will be the one that gets crafting right.

Skycapp

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree SWG had a awesome crafting system. I loved it.

I'm not sure WAR's crafting system will climb to that level, but I don't think it really has to. As long as its fun and functional i will be happy.

A

Azureal

I agree SWG had a awesome crafting system. I loved it.

I'm not sure WAR's crafting system will climb to that level, but I don't think it really has to. As long as its fun and functional i will be happy.
Saly I dont think we will ever see a crafting system like SWGs again. But as you say that right game doesnt need to be that good, just fun and functional. Engaging would be nice too, where I would need to use my brain and instead of simply knowing which order to click in.

P

Pleather

I love how the crafting is. The cultivating reminds me alot of UO and the plant system. That system could keep someone busy for hours on end. My favorite part of this crafting system is everything you get in the game to craft things with, you get from killing. Kill, Loot, Gather, Craft. The way all games should be.

You should never have to go out farming herbs, ore or similar material just to craft an item.

A

Azureal

I love how the crafting is. The cultivating reminds me alot of UO and the plant system. That system could keep someone busy for hours on end. My favorite part of this crafting system is everything you get in the game to craft things with, you get from killing. Kill, Loot, Gather, Craft. The way all games should be.

You should never have to go out farming herbs, ore or similar material just to craft an item.

I strongly disagree. In fact Id go so far as to say the collection of resources itself should be a skill. Those with no skill can only collect the absolute basic of each resource. Those with higher skills can start to collect/refine better resources.

Yes, some high end materials should drop from boss mobs. I guess. Its the way any MMO will go nowadays, so we cant escape it.

E

Eh-Tah-Chi

I strongly disagree. In fact Id go so far as to say the collection of resources itself should be a skill. Those with no skill can only collect the absolute basic of each resource. Those with higher skills can start to collect/refine better resources.

Yes, some high end materials should drop from boss mobs. I guess. Its the way any MMO will go nowadays, so we cant escape it.
Thats not so bad in the end though. It will force people into a pvp enviroment where if they want better stuff they will need to fight for it.
This isnt WoW or EQ where you can farm happily for hours then go make tons of teh golds.
You will need friends and allies to make your profit and good.
I am a fan of this system.

A

Azureal

Thats not so bad in the end though. It will force people into a pvp enviroment where if they want better stuff they will need to fight for it.
Players should never be forced into doing anything to advance in an MMO. Basically all this means is that WHO will be another corridor/one-way street. Not that Im saying its a bad thing, look at the millions of happy people Blizzard produced.

Still, Id like to see a development house have the balls to bring back the sandbox.

E

Eh-Tah-Chi

Players should never be forced into doing anything to advance in an MMO. Basically all this means is that WHO will be another corridor/one-way street. Not that Im saying its a bad thing, look at the millions of happy people Blizzard produced.

Still, Id like to see a development house have the balls to bring back the sandbox.
I understand where you are coming from, but the theme for warhammer is PvP. This game does not rotate around the idea of pvm to further a character only to enhance his abilities as a warrior.
There are no pvp tamers, no aim shot hunters with pets that slow, the whole idea of this game is balance between pvp classes and skill of the person whom is using that class.
WHO has so much lore and background, all of it based around different cultures at war, I pray that this game does not come to be about who can stay up and farm the most while others are asleep.

A

Ashyn

Couldnt agree more. SWG promoted this sort of craft mastery back in the day. Any Gunsmith could make a blaster, and have a good chance at selling it. But only those that strived to be the best would find the best resources, experiment properly and produce the best weapons.

The next MMO to recieve my monthly subscription will be the one that gets crafting right.

SWG (IMHO) still has the best crafting system in game as well as the best resource gathering methods.

On top of the craft system, "slicers" were able to up the player-crafted armor/weapons even more.

SWG's craft-system will be a tough one to follow/beat for any MMO.