• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crafting in EA Land

• Thread starter imported_Shirl1211
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Shirl1211

I am wondering if anyone knows a secret to getting crafting supplies that don't cost an arm and a leg? I salvaged a new crafting table to get just 1 wood. That makes crafting useless IMO. Who could even afford this with the little amounts of money we make. If anyone has a clue as to how to get these items cheaper, I would be grateful.

I

imported_SimTripps

A crafting table rendering 1 wood?!? Egads that's crazy! I haven't crafted in EA Land yet so can't give much advice. I crafted in TC - craft boxes were definitely reduced alot there, but only for certain objects. Gee, what happened to the days when a crafting table would give 14 wood, 14 parts, 2 cloth and a smile? lol...

G

<blockquote><hr>

A crafting table rendering 1 wood?!? Egads that's crazy! I haven't crafted in EA Land yet so can't give much advice. I crafted in TC - craft boxes were definitely reduced alot there, but only for certain objects. Gee, what happened to the days when a crafting table would give 14 wood, 14 parts, 2 cloth and a smile? lol...

[/ QUOTE ]

well any item in ealand costs roughly 10x less so we basically get 10x less the craft boxes, in most cases even much less

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am wondering if anyone knows a secret to getting crafting supplies that don't cost an arm and a leg? I salvaged a new crafting table to get just 1 wood. That makes crafting useless IMO. Who could even afford this with the little amounts of money we make. If anyone has a clue as to how to get these items cheaper, I would be grateful.

[/ QUOTE ]
In addition to the value of the object, your mechanical skill plays a large part in how much stuff you get.

G

If anyone has a clue as to how to get these items cheaper

I don't have a clue how to get the supplies cheaper, but once the production cities are merged into FU, there will be a surfeit of crafted objects available. People in the production cities are busily converting their millions and billions of Simoleans into size 8 lots and inventories full of 'rares' and crafted items.

I

imported_SimTripps

<blockquote><hr>

In addition to the value of the object, your mechanical skill plays a large part in how much stuff you get.

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost forgot about that lol... Shril, it could be simply that your skills aren't high enough to render more boxes. The higher your skills, the more boxes you'll get, etc..

I

imported_Shirl1211

Thanks so much Donavan. I did have 13 in mech and 14 in logic but that makes alot of sense about the value and econmy in EA. Back to skilling lol. Thank you all who shared their advice with me, it is greatly apprciated.

S

Sativa L

I believe the age of the object being salvaged makes a difference also.