• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Throwing] Crafting gear for my first Gargoyle and thrower

TrackStar

Journeyman
I'm not even sure what a gargoyle can wear outside of the few options you have from stone crafting.

Is that it outside of jewelry and wings?

What do I want to do in terms of crafting the armor for my Gargoyle thrower to maximize the outcome? What should I imbue, enhance, reforge, etc?

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I believe your gonna need 125 str for max range, and try for 180 stam?

You can alter many peices(glives of fuedal grips become a skirt) but i believe stone gives the lmc your gonna want.

You can get garg version of mace and shield from blackthorns. I believe mahria(spelling?)
Did a decent writeup on the wiki on what can and cant be altered, and where at.

TrackStar

Journeyman
I believe your gonna need 125 str for max range, and try for 180 stam?

You can alter many peices(glives of fuedal grips become a skirt) but i believe stone gives the lmc your gonna want.

You can get garg version of mace and shield from blackthorns. I believe mahria(spelling?)
Did a decent writeup on the wiki on what can and cant be altered, and where at.
Oh you need max strength for range on throwers?

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Higher str = more range. Go ahead and make a thrower with 20 str. I wanna see how short the range is :thumbup1:

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Oh you need max strength for range on throwers?
Yes you do need it at 150 .

@TrackStar worst piece is neck one. Earrings you can have mace and shield , 4 parts of armor you can alter human plate mail (there are some exceptions about direction of that piece but it will wotk). Neck piece is not alterable and has no named artifacts for warrior. Search for legendary or craft/imbue. And neck will not get properties from enhancing. Don't spend UO store tool's charges on it . It will only change colour.

TrackStar

Journeyman
Yes you do need it at 150 .

@TrackStar worst piece is neck one. Earrings you can have mace and shield , 4 parts of armor you can alter human plate mail (there are some exceptions about direction of that piece but it will wotk). Neck piece is not alterable and has no named artifacts for warrior. Search for legendary or craft/imbue. And neck will not get properties from enhancing. Don't spend UO store tool's charges on it . It will only change colour.
Is the reason I want to only look for plate mail pieces to alter because they lower mana cost?

Would mystic of vitality plate mail be optimal?

Last edited:

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Is the reason I want to only look for plate mail pieces to alter because they lower mana cost?

Would mystic of vitality plate mail be optimal?
Plate provides LMC 1%. Stone 3% additional which both can go overcap to 55% LMC (5stone pieces)
But it will make your MED skill useless also MR from INT stat. Better read about LMC yourself.

Also plate and stone armor can be refined giving you increased resists (up to 75) or increased DCI. You will need carpenter to cook them.. Read about REFINEMENTS
Garfish stone refinements are very -very cheap.
You cannot use refinements on med able pieces.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
"Each weapon has a base and max range available to it, where the base range is modified by the player’s strength to determine the actual range"
" There are three throwing weapons, each weapon has a base and max range available to it, where the base range is modified by the player’s strength to determine the actual range "

so, yes. it is a known thing.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
"Each weapon has a base and max range available to it, where the base range is modified by the player’s strength to determine the actual range"
" There are three throwing weapons, each weapon has a base and max range available to it, where the base range is modified by the player’s strength to determine the actual range "

so, yes. it is a known thing.
Why doesn't archery have the same distance rules I wonder

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Archers need to carry arrows
Cannot wear shield with gazillion mods
Cannot drink potions (without wasting one mod on a bow for balanced property)
Archers are superior to those 3rd class Gargoyles, and would never allow such a restriction. :stir:

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Archers need to carry arrows
Cannot wear shield with gazillion mods
Cannot drink potions (without wasting one mod on a bow for balanced property)
Gargoyles were not even a thought when archers began so if they thought ranged attacks should be subject to penalty they'd have put it there

TrackStar

Journeyman
I have blackthorn points to use...

Should I go with the Gargish Earings or the Gargish Glasses?

Can you stack them?

Are there any other blackthorn items that would be worth buying for the purpose of gearing out my throwing gargoyle?

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Can you stack them?

Are there any other blackthorn items that would be worth buying for the purpose of gearing out my throwing gargoyle?
The Glasses and Earrings use the same slot, so no, they don't stack. As far as other items, It depends on what you currently have on your suit and what you need that will provide the best stats and resists. There are aprons and other items to consider.

gwen

Slightly Crazed

Can you stack them?

Mace and shield, Crimmy apron (if you have no garfish Ozymandias Obi), luck robe /Epps (for this event luck is better than SSI) , sash if you have nothing better.
BT points are awesome.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Garg mace and shield are a must, the 30% hld means you will hit more. From there, anything with hci so you hit even more helps. There are gloves you can find from tokuno that give luck and damage increase, that can be altered into gargoyle kilt.