• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crafting fun

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Take a guess which element I'm looking for. I don't even know how many oak runics I've gone through - at least a thousand charges. I've bought out the LS vendors two days in a row, and I've used up all my own. I crafted some small BODs this morning and got 450 more charges. Zero fires. :wall:

1608061860905.png

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I can't seem to get many fire composites. Maybe one or two every other week. I go through alot of oak fletchers, too. Guess that's the way the rng works sometimes.

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Thank you Pawain. I, and my blood pressure, thank you. I also trashed 8-10 100% chaos; it's so frustrating how rare fire is. Of course, when there's an event next month in Fire dungeon and we all want cold weapons . . .

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Pawain. I, and my blood pressure, thank you. I also trashed 8-10 100% chaos; it's so frustrating how rare fire is. Of course, when there's an event next month in Fire dungeon and we all want cold weapons . . .
Exactly. The ones you've made will likely be useful in the future. So remember to thank your past self when the time comes.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm still over here trying to figure out how to make elemental whips. :rolleyes:

Kir

Journeyman
You will need Smith runic hammer to reforge them, otherwise, yes they are based on tinkering. :danceb:

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You will need Smith runic hammer to reforge them, otherwise, yes they are based on tinkering. :danceb:
I am missing something here on how this is done. :(

Kir

Journeyman
There isn't a runic tools for tinkering, so you can use the runic smith hammer to reforge the whip, to get elemental etc.
I do recommend using Shadow runic hammer instead of dull copper hammer, since enhancing with the tinker might be harder since you will only have 100 Tinker skills compare to 180 Smith skills.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There isn't a runic tools for tinkering, so you can use the runic smith hammer to reforge the whip, to get elemental etc.
I do recommend using Shadow runic hammer instead of dull copper hammer, since enhancing with the tinker might be harder since you will only have 100 Tinker skills compare to 180 Smith skills.
Let me try again. Make ex whips with my tinker, then use my imbuer to reforge it with power+quality(?), then use my smithy to try and enhance with bronze?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Interesting... would the same apply to other tinker items as well to be reforged with a smith hammer?

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I have the same question. I initially thought that was the first imbue, but the item doesn't show as Imbued. I don't ever recall getting SSI from Exquisite / of Quality, but I've never reforged tinkered items before.

Regardless, congratulations! I've been considering trying for some fire whips, but given my wretched luck with bows I haven't yet.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm still over here trying to figure out how to make elemental whips. :rolleyes:
Lots of shadow hammers and lots of whips.

1608092014726.png
Sorry I made this yesterday and it didn't send.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It got SSI because a runic has a range of things it can put on. It randomly chose a property from another category.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why do the 100% fire enhanced not turn the bright orange shade in color like the 100% reforged do?

100 fire.JPG

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because enhancing changes it to the color of the material? I dyed the things I enhanced so I do not recall what they looked like after. But I think enhancing with barbed turned my leather green.