• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Carpentry] Crafting a Q-staff with 15ep

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Hola!

I am using an ash saw to attempt to craft 15 on a Q-staff. I was already successful with a bokuto, but I was able to select Charmed/Alchemy.

What I have been trying is to just roll the dice and hope it hits without anything selected. I am using 2 charges and getting a wide variety of combinations.

Is it possible, or am I just wasting my time?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Should be possible, but I'd just think it's quite unlikely. Lets say there's 40 properties (might be low by a few - just picking a reasonable number) - then I'd say you've got at best a 1 in 40 chance to roll any 1 property. Since the saw will give you 2, then maybe you're 1 in 20 that on any given reforge 1 of the properties is EP. If you, sometimes, get EP 10 instead of 15, and only get 15 on 50% of the times you get EP... well now we're back to 1 in 40.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Should be possible, but I'd just think it's quite unlikely. Lets say there's 40 properties (might be low by a few - just picking a reasonable number) - then I'd say you've got at best a 1 in 40 chance to roll any 1 property. Since the saw will give you 2, then maybe you're 1 in 20 that on any given reforge 1 of the properties is EP. If you, sometimes, get EP 10 instead of 15, and only get 15 on 50% of the times you get EP... well now we're back to 1 in 40.
Figured as much, just wanted to make sure that it was possible to achieve and that there wasn't something I was missing. I was worried that they might have implemented 2handed weapons to not be able to achieve EP.