• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crafting a luck suit with terrible luck.

zombie187

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I decided in all my infinite wisdom to make a really nice luck suit for my mystic/bard so I can go hunt down some stuff and find all those sweet sweet loots. Such a bad idea. Here is my process, please let me know if I am doing something wrong.

My goal...

190 Luck per piece/8LMC/8LRC all 70s
I am using the ring and brace from clean up.

My method...

I craft an item using basic leather. Base stats 2/4/3/3/3 and I shoot for one at the lowest and one at 1 over. I know you can get 2 at the base level but after thousands of leather and only seeing one I decided I don't need perfection I need armor. My plan was craft the item with a low base resist, reforge with horned runic, fortune and defense, pof, imbue, enhance with the tool from the shop. I found getting one resist at base and one at just one point over was pretty quick. After making countless items and reforging I never seem to get 150 luck, it always adds more resist then I want. After a few nights trying this I realized I am spending more on runics at this point then the armor is worth. I've dropped at least 15mil on runics and I have no pieces to show for it. I need a better way, I was trying to hit close to 2k luck or more max resist with the needed mods. The problem with the pieces under 150luck are they have a high imbue weight, to high to add other mods. Normally 340-370 range. I've been following the method by Wizal the Fox. I am going to run out of gold long before I make a suit.

Any advice or help would be awesome. I'm about to just cut my losses at this point.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
You could go to TC and try doing auspicious/arcane and hope that you get the 150 luck and then the chance is reasonably good that you'll get some LMC and LRC too, then you can imbue the resists to what you need.

zombie187

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I think what I am going to do is settle for a little less perfect suit. I am going to use something like spined to get the resist up on a base level resist then imbue with 100luck, LRC, LMC, Lowest Resist, enhance with spined. It isn't optimal or the best but it will get me something to start hunting with, plus my brain is starting to hurt. I did hop over to TC and test spined out. It seems to work. Still have to be lucky enough to get the resist on the one I want. Should end up with 140luck on each piece though. Robe, Sandals, Ring/Brace will put me a little over 1200 luck.

Bax

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I made a luck suite from ringmail with circlet (med-able) for head piece and added the mage armor property before enhancing with the tool. It works out cheaper as copper runics are a bit easier & cheaper to get hold of. You do loose a property slot to Mage armor but it has a property weight of zero, so you can add it to a 500 weight piece as long as the 5th property slot is free. I made tons on ringmail pieces with varying resists keeping the ones with at least one resist at its lowest or near lowest level. I worked on 1 piece at a time so I would know what resists i needed to focus on for the later pieces. I then used copper runics with powerful and ONLY auspicious named as the chances of getting high luck when naming more than property are abysmal (tested on TC). It took about 1-2 copper runics per piece to get 150 luck reforging (the gloves I kept a 140 luck piece since it got 3 MR during reforging). Once I had a few of the 150 luck reforges I knew which resists to focus on for the rest (picking the lowest resist to imbue later).
Imbuing 8LMC, 2MR and 20LRC in that order on 4 of the 6 armor slots, sharing the 8LMC and 20LRC between the 5th and 6th pieces and skipping 1MR allowed me to imbue 4 resists on the suite (circlet did not need the mage armor property).
The result was a med-able 70* resist suite (6 piece) with 1130 luck, 40LMC, 100LRC & 12MR. (*note physical resist was 64, which was boosted to 70 odd by my weapon) after enhancing with gold.
The shield was a bit easier as I made it with the brittle tag (durability will not decrease if you do not have parry). The weapon took me 2 goes as I forgot to remove the damage property before imbuing.
Including shield and weapon total luck is 1510.
Add whatever jewelry and sundry luck items you like :)

In total I used 10 copper and 2 bronze runics, and it cost 1.25m for the mage armor property plus $$$ for the enhancing tool. Pretty cheap compared to alternative methods.

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I made a suit identical to yours for like...10mil including the imbuing ingreds. I may be mistaken as its been awhile since I made it, but I believe I did exceptional leather armor, spined kit with ausp/of fortune (hit 150 luck at least once every 5 pieces - I do remember that), then imbue lmc and lrc which left room for 2 resists on all pieces. not to mention you have 6 slots, so cover lrc in the first 5 and reforge the last for just resists and lmc, or 2 high resists, lmc and int or MI.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I managed to make a few luck suits. With my mage one I managed to get 100lrc, 40lmc, 190luck (per part) 80, 72,66,70,73 resists and 43 DCI.

I used horned runic kits and picked the fortune name (for 150 luck) and then "of defense" or the resists.

I don't rate the armor of fortune myself. Sure the LRC and DCI is good but the resists are crap and you can hit 40lmc if you use it with the mempo.