• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Crafters, do you need refinements?

Val'lyn De'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Just curious, I have a bunch laying around taking up space. Is there a market for armor refinements on Siege?

If so, what is the going rate?

-Val'lyn

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just curious, I have a bunch laying around taking up space. Is there a market for armor refinements on Siege?

-Val'lyn
I have never heard of anyone asking for them. I just throw em in the trash for the points.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I"ve returned to amalgamating the ones I get, not sure what Im going to do with them .

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

-Val'lyn
I'd have to find out how to use them first... are they used to add dci and resists after imbuing?

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You get them from Tmaps and killing champions. Not sure if there are other means of aquiring them. There's a huge variety of them and the most challenging part seems to be getting the exact ones you need (armor type and intensity). I never tried applying them, but from what I hear they increase either dci or resists (or both?) on armor parts... I tried reading up on them on the crafters board but couldn't find too much info about them either.

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They increase the caps on of your resists or DCI at the expense of the other.... so you can increase your fire resist cap by lowering your DCI cap for example.

-Lore

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They increase the caps on of your resists or DCI at the expense of the other.... so you can increase your fire resist cap by lowering your DCI cap for example.

-Lore
So they are of no use to me if I want to keep having an all 70s suit?
Example: I have an all 70s suit and want to add dci via refinement. That means I can get the added dci while at the same time this will decrease my (e.g.) energy resist by 5% so now I have an all 70s suit except for energy resist which is 65% ?

I don't see the point in having less than 70% resist in all resists...unless I am crafting a suit that is specifically designed to fight a certain monster only. For PvP I think you should have all 70s...

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually if you were an elf you could have all 70's by lowering energy and increase your DCI cap :)
is there any info on how much in resist you have to trade in for each 1% of dci?
also can you choose which resist to lower or is it random?

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its a 1:1 ratio. So lowering DCI cap 1, will increase one of your resist caps by 1. Here is a more detailed explanation of how they are applied and used. http://ode-guild.com/uostuff/armor-refinement.html

PS: one thing not mentioned is how curse effects you, if you lower a resist cap down to 65 for example, curse will take you to 55 in that resist rather then 60.

-Lore

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You get them from Tmaps and killing champions. Not sure if there are other means of aquiring them. There's a huge variety of them and the most challenging part seems to be getting the exact ones you need (armor type and intensity). I never tried applying them, but from what I hear they increase either dci or resists (or both?) on armor parts... I tried reading up on them on the crafters board but couldn't find too much info about them either.
You can also get them from pirate/merchant ships, from barrels and crates in dungeons, and I have also seen them spawn in town in various crates, barrels and boxes.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

-Val'lyn
It's generally too involved to bother with with item loss. It can take a reallllly long time to get the type you need. Clearly a prodo thing. You can trash them for decent points, though.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no idea on the going rate but do you have gargoyle invunerable defence ones if so lets discuss it

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its a 1:1 ratio. So lowering DCI cap 1, will increase one of your resist caps by 1. Here is a more detailed explanation of how they are applied and used. http://ode-guild.com/uostuff/armor-refinement.html

PS: one thing not mentioned is how curse effects you, if you lower a resist cap down to 65 for example, curse will take you to 55 in that resist rather then 60.

-Lore
Appreciat the link! I finally begin to understand how this works...well since it only affects the caps and not the actual resists it really is a bit pointless on Siege unless you use it for a very specific PvM situation where you are guarded by enough guildmates as to not risk loosing the suit I guess...kinda pointless in my opinion.