• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tinkering] Craftable Jewelry Overview?

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

is there somewhere an overview of the craftable jewelry and the possible attributes on them? The only thing I found on Stratics is an (incomplete) list that says something like "The ring has a number of random properties in addition to...".

The question is, is Tinkering really that random, or is more specific information available somewhere?

Thanks!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the simple answer is 'yes' it really is that random. Here is a list of 16 blue diamond rings I just made on TC:
1) fcr2/Ener res 13
2)int bonus 4/lrc10/fire res7
3)luck3/lrc10/cold res 10
4)dex 5/fcr1/lmc3/lrc 10
5)disco 8/luck 45/lrc 20
6)eval 10/dex 6/enhance pot 10/lrc 10
7)int 3/enhance post 10/lrc 10/fire res 7
8)swords 4/fcr 2/lmc 5/poison res 9
9)str 3 dex 4 fcr 2 lrc 13
10)dci 1/fc1/lrc 6/fire res 8
11)music 7/luck 15/hci 7/sdi 5
12)vet 8 provo 8 int 3 fcr 2
13)enhance pots 15/fcr 1/lrc 10
14)int 2/fc1/lmc 2/lrc 10/energy res 7
15)swords 2/fc 1/ lmc 3/ lrc 10/di 8
16)sdi 6 lrc 10

Some have a rare, out of the ordinary, property like turquoise ring can have 5% ssi, uo guide says fire ruby bracelet can have hpr2. I can't confirm this, those I made had a guarantee of fire resist, dark sapphire bracelet MR2. Of course ecru citrine ring 50 EP. White pearl bracelet has a fixed property of nightsight, Perfect Emerald ring has a guarantee of at least 10 poison resist.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks! Looks like crafting those jewelry is really a waste of time, since Imbuing is in place.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not entirely. I still use an dark sapphire bracelet on my crafter when filling spell books. MR 2 can't be imbued on jewellery. I imbued it with +15 magery.
Similarly ssi5 from a turquoise ring can't be imbued, however a turquoise ring with the ssi can be imbued to improve whatever mods came with it.
I wouldn't bother with the ones that don't have a chance of a mod that doesn't normal exist on jewellery though, personally speaking.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually I am wondering, if crafting magic jewelry is (and was from the beginning) broken...
Compared to other ML recipes it should be possible that magic properties from the recipe are stacking with random properties. Thus breaking the 100% intensity limit on those properties. Ecru citrines are one excample for them. With 50% EP or 5 str on them, there should be some around with 8+ str or 50+ ep.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Recipe? Only essence of battle, resilient bracer and pendant of the magi require recipes to craft them. All those 3 have set properties.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only call them recipes. They follow the same pattern as the common reciepes from other proficies: 1 rare ingredient (in number of 10) and some basic ingredients (ingots). While archery or blacksmithy recipes just get the recipe effect added to a crafted item, this doesnt seem to happen to jewelries.(To compare both ways you have to imagine youre using an invisible runic tinker toolkit for crafting jewelry. Every charges gets upgraded to runic, if a magic ring/bracelet is crafted.)