• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Craft Heavy Crossbow with Max SSI

• Thread starter SweetbabyPacific
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

SweetbabyPacific

How would I craft a Heavy Crossbow with Max SSI. my Fletching is at 100.
Or what should I hunt for Heavy Crossbows.

C

Connor_Graham

Use Ash wood & an Ash or higher Runic. This will give you a small chance of crafting a 40 SSI bow. As far as what to hunt for the best chances of a 30 SSI heavy, Peerless and Dark Fathers have the best loot packs.

I

imported_GFY

Seperate question on the same topic.

Could I craft a Heavy Xbow with max ssi and 30+ in all 3 leaches?

I know about kits but just wondering if it's possible before I start burning kits?

I

imported_Wing Chun

go on test and burn 15 charges of a heartwood kit and see what the results are and see if your happy

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

Seperate question on the same topic.

Could I craft a Heavy Xbow with max ssi and 30+ in all 3 leaches?

I know about kits but just wondering if it's possible before I start burning kits?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's possible, but the odds against it are overwhelming. You'd have better odds of hitting the next lotto.

I

imported_GFY

LOL thanks for the encouragement!

I have a MSB with the 3 leaches. It doesn't have ssi but it hits fast enough for me PVM. After reading about your HXB I was wondering about making one. Maybe I'll get lucky and find one in monster loot.

C

Connor_Graham

I got lucky in Heartwood and got a Demon slayer MS with all 3 leeches, but my heavy is so much better that I've stopped using the short.

L

LAH Architect

If 40 SSI is what you are looking for, you will need the top end Heartwood Fletcher's Kit for the 100% property intensity (30 SSI) + Ash wood's material property of 10 SSI.

Tests with the second tier Yew Fletcher's Kit (max 88% property intensity = 25 SSI {rounded down from 26.4 SSI} ) + Ash wood's material property of 10 SSI shows that it's not possible to reach the holy grail of 40 SSI .

The much cheaper way is loot heavy crossbows with 30 SSI and enhance them with ash wood material and a normal fletcher's kit to get 40 SSI .

Another point is 35 SSI and 40 SSI may not play much difference at some stamina levels. Yew Fletcher's Kits (25 charges) cost 4 to 5 times less gold in the market than Heartwood Fletcher's kits (15 charges).

C

Connor_Graham

Ah, there's some info I didn't know. Thanks LAH.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It's possible, but the odds against it are overwhelming. You'd have better odds of hitting the next lotto.

[/ QUOTE ]

Learnt it the hard way. I was trying to craft Demon Slayer, 30+ SSI &amp; 40DI cross bow. After spending 7 yaw and 20 ash runic... nada.. No demon slayer. I got undead slayer with 10 SSI (sucks..) &amp; 40DI though.. 20m down the drain..

M

mrwarpig

I loot or buy heavies then have them enhanced. I have a 30 ssi, 30 di demon slayer heavy and it's been known to two hit kill deamons.