• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Craemep or Matt has just been hacked

M

mdacc#one

who ever hacked him cleaned him out of 300 or so event/server birth items. He is on GL. If anyone start seeing these things showing up let Matt know. Some uber rare items include:

Bird nest with egg
Black rock shield
one of them Arrirang blaze lanttners
haunted chests and many more.

I think he opened up one of them kindom reborn emails with trojan in it

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That really really really really... really sucks.

G

GragusMortal

There was someone at brit bank today partying people and spamming some Kingdom Reborn spoiler thing. I didn't follow it of course but beware these aren't just going around via e-mail.

I

imported_Laina

That's just awful - I will be sure to spread the word to friends to be on the look-out.

M

mdacc#one

Evil continues, he finally got through with EA and turns out the hacker after looted him clean did something to get the account suspended. Now even with password changed again he can't log in because the account is blocked.

G

im pretty sure this is a legitemate site, the guy was spamming on my shard too

G

There was some discussion regarding this website on Uhall within the past several days, and EA staff and Strats Mods posted that it is not a valid UO web site and is not supported by EA/Mythic, and advise you not to visit it if you are not aware of the content it contains. Or something to that effect.

Ryna

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

im pretty sure this is a legitemate site, the guy was spamming on my shard too

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in the least.

From here :
<blockquote><hr>

Yup - to be perfectly clear, there are no videos of SA that could possibly have been "leaked".

E. Jeremy Dalberg
UO Community Coordinator
EA Mythic
www.uo.com

[/ QUOTE ]

I

imported_Laina

Not everyone reads stratics and sees the latest scammer/hacker attempts. I am right there with you that EA needs take a bigger role in fighting these kinds of things, starting with doing something as simple as putting it up on the messages when you log into UO.

It's just infuriating, aggravating etc etc and I am not even the one this happened to...I really feel for Matt as a fellow collector. I also just recently lost a close friend in game to this sort of thing. Years worth of time and memories are gone and EA refuses to do anything. They need find a way to stop the hackers. The technology/ability is there to do it.

U

uoguyz

They can not always go by an IP, what if, and I am not saying he did this, would do this, etc,etc because I do not know him. People sell accounts and once they get the money they could try to get the account back.

But from personal experience, if the person did not have a credit card on there for at least a month and he still has his credit card that was used they will give the account back.

It would be nice if there was a way to get his items back what sucks is there is always a scammer out there who will try to exploit the system.

G

I got hacked last month and the person who did it changed the email address on the account but didnt bother to change the credit card. So if they can trace the ip and the hacker hasnt changed the credit card(doubtful that they would) then theres no reason the account shouldnt be returned and that any actions taken by the hacker shouldnt be over turned in most cases....it would be possible to abuse this.....

I

imported_Laina

If he sold the account there is a process EA has put in place to secure that sale. If you don't pay the $25 "insurance" then sure, EA can't help you. There will always be hackers/scammers and I do believe very strongly that we should all take steps to protect ourselves and our accounts and not give out any personal information about ourselves.

I do believe there have been instances of the developers returning stuff to players that were hacked. It is rare but I do remember a case of that happening over a year ago (wish I could remember more details). I do remember she got her items back and EA banned the hacker's IP address and accounts.

I would just like to see that it is a commonplace occurence that the UO gods are looking out for us.

G

I'm not even getting into the case of his items, b/c thats much more difficult to prove that he didnt sell the items individually or that he didn't give them away. But the account itself he should be able to prove that he was hacked and didnt perform the actions that caused the account to be banned.....

U

uoguyz

I agree with DVI, I hope they did not mess with is characters either.

G

That's why just sell everything off now and quit because UO will just get worse and worse as this Mythic junk destroys our beloved game.

Just accept the fact that nothing will be the way it used to be and customer service in this game is less available than trying to find a needle in a haystack.

I

imported_Riply

Sorry to hear he was hacked, according to your museums list he was a new collector and possible a new player to UO as well. I think its important for players not to visit unknown websites, and make sure to be up to date with fire walls and virus protection. If you want to visit unknown sites, its best to do it on a computer where you dont have any sensitive information, and UO installed on it.

G

i went to the website that was being spammed in luna a few days ago, should i have anything to worry about regarding my accounts?

UCCDog

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

i went to the website that was being spammed in luna a few days ago, should i have anything to worry about regarding my accounts?

[/ QUOTE ]

might want to check for key loggers

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder if craemp used IE or firefox as his browser.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

might want to check for key loggers

[/ QUOTE ]

ran spybot and all, hopefully ill be ok

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Yeah a newbie character called uo news was spamming the Kingdom-Reborn.com website on Pacific for over 4 hours with unattended scripting in Luna Bank without any noticeable punishment or recourse.

S

Sorcon Gartius

Guy has been on Legends. We got 4-5 of his chars removed by paging on him, but he constantly showed up w/ a new char and new name... 14 day Trial accounts probably

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trial accounts have been a source for majority of illegal activities in UO for years. Yet, they have not been able to prevent it.

M

mdacc#one

[email protected] ... the name given is Jin Herris

this is the person who hacked Matt's account, iam sure it will be removed but while its on, if anyone even heard of this person stay away.

T

Tevvin

hrmph, i was hacked a little over a month ago, not only cleaned out both my accounts, but also deleted all my char's. what was the point of deleting my char's? and they did it on all shards, i had char's on several shards. I don't visit those type sites, only stratics, uo.com, and my guild site. and i don't answer unknown emails either.
i'm told there's a trick with the email server and sending your password to you from the ea site, and they read it at server. not sure.
i do know that i managed to get my accounts back, but that's all ea was good for. they had no interest in finding out who it was or helping me further in any way.