• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cove Trammel/Felucia Spawns

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought it would be a good idea to start compiling information for others regarding the new/recent spawns in Cove (Trammel & Felucia).

Vanguards riding a Dread Horse.

Must dismount the Vanguards, then can tame the Dread Horse. Dread Horse like a nightmare with better stats.

Only special loot I've come across are Chaos Shields & Obsidian Blades, both are black in color.

Chaos Shields stats:
Self Repair 5
Reflect Physical Damage 10%
Defense Chance Increase 10%
Physical Resist 15%
Fire Resist 2%
Cold Resist 1%
Poison Resist 3%
Energy Resist 2%

Obsidian Blade stats:
Hit Life Leech 10%
Hit Stamina Leech 20%
Physical Damage 100%
Weapon Damage 15-16
Weapon Speed 3.5s
Strength Requirement 35
One-Handed Weapon

Guessing these items will also be turn-ins???

I am by far, not an authority on this, just thought it would be helpful for others who know nothing about event; get them up to speed. Please add or correct information as you feel necessary.

Have fun all!!!

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Oriana ;)

Taming difficulty info:

I've heard minimum of 108 taming is needed to tame a Dread Horse. Took me about 5 min. with 111 taming.

Careful taming in town in Felucia, reports of horses and tamers getting guard whacked while trying to tame Dread Horse in town.

Slayer Weapons:

Guildmate tried every slayer spellbook, none seemed to work on Vanguards. Also haven't heard of any slayer weapon working either.

* I've also heard rumors of spawns occuring in Nu'jelm & Delucia. Can anyone verify?

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have one of every super slayer spellbook, and tried all of them. None seemed to work on the Vanguards especially well. I did noticed that Mindblast was far more effective than e-bolt though. FS seemed to do nothing. Didn't have long to play so will try other spells and see what happens later. The greater dragons seem to do well, cu's eh and archers seem to do much better and stay alive longer. I'll try beetles later also. Um I'm sure there's more but I can't think of it.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if they ever gave away something that ever did me any good i would be glad to help you. unfortunately the single event items that have spawned anywhere near me always go to the same person.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if they ever gave away something that ever did me any good i would be glad to help you. unfortunately the single event items that have spawned anywhere near me always go to the same person.
Well this time it's not too one person. Kill the baddies. The stuff drops on them. Everyone has a chance to get the items. The Vanguards drop shields and blades and the wisps drop threads and chests. Stick to it Six, you'll get something.

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you dont dismount Vanguard and then kill him while still mounted the Dread horse will then be available to tame as well.

Dread horse will get guard whacked if after a successfull tame you give either the follow or guard or kill commands - best bet is just to quickly mount and recall out after a successfull tame

F

FenrirsFangs

there was another post that said mindblast is more effective than energy bolt against vanguards. I had an ah ha moment when i read it.

Mind blast is cold damage and soul seeker is 100% cold damage.

I have tried a few different blades and so far Soul seeker seems to hit the hardest. I don't know the stats on every weapon in the game but so far i've done the most damage per minute with the speed and cold boost from seeker.

if you are not hitting for over 30 damage on vanguards give it a try.

Duke Hast Mich, Valorite Fang, Fangs of Fenrir

L

Limlight

Easy answer for you guys.

Its weak to Cold damage...the Frost bringer hurts it..

Also, Wither does massive damage to it.

N

Nicholi

I have tried a few different blades and so far Soul seeker seems to hit the hardest. I don't know the stats on every weapon in the game but so far i've done the most damage per minute with the speed and cold boost from seeker.

if you are not hitting for over 30 damage on vanguards give it a try.

Duke Hast Mich, Valorite Fang, Fangs of Fenrir

My guildmate is correct. We pound the Vanguards with SoulSeeker. It's 100% cold damage and even though it says it has a SS of 2.5sec it hits every second with a moderately high dex. We solo these guys a lot and rarely have a problem unless they summon a spawn right on our heads. You wantto really get slapped around and enjoy a challenge though? Carry some blackrock while you run around the town raids. Try a BRI Vanguard. Bring lube. lol

Nicholi M'Drake
Guildmaster - Fangs of Fenrir

N

Nicholi

Some additional information I figured I'd throw in since this thread pertains to the overall town spawns. I've run into a few situations where there are 'blues' that are pirates, brigands or whatever that will attack you as they are under the control of the vanguards. You can't hurt them however (carebear land and all, ya know how it goes) since they're blue. If you don't have a tamer handy with guarding pets then run around the town and hire yourself a couple of the npc fighters. You cant use the all kill command because theyll refuse to attack a blue and commit a "murderous act". They will however guard you :)

Be careful with the "all guard me" phrase in the town. It works a little backwards. You can't hurt the blues but you CAN target and attack them. This will flag you as a criminal but it wont tell you that you've naughty or any such message. If you're flagged and you use the "all guard me" you'll get guard whacked. It's the use of the 'G' word while being flagged a criminal.

This might be a bug, or it could be intentional on the programmers part. Either way, I've found that the easiest way to handle it is drop about 50 gold on a few NPC and heal em while they kill the annoying buggers. Helps keep the spawn clean. And it gets rid of the trail of Blues and Restless Souls that follow you around like a mob of groupies.

The NPC's can also get rid of the Restless Souls. Might be the weapons we use but we just stand there slapping them around and they don't take any damage. NPC's kill em in 1 hit. If you don't keep your hireling healed though he'll die pretty quick. They're weaker than snot compared to the pirates and brigands.