• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Couple Treasure Hunting Questions

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi:

My brothers took a break from "coughs" WOW and wanted to spend some time with me in UO. They like doing treasure maps and since its been a long time since I did them and it sounds like theres been some changes since the past 5 years or so here are my questions.

1) In acquiring the new maps I heard that if you get the map off a monster in Trammel that you will dig it up in trammel. Is this correct?

2) Checking the stratics guide for treasure hunting I only saw where level 6 maps can olny be acquired by paragon monsters or ala monsters that only spawn in Ishlenar. But just the other day I saw a group doing a level 6 map in trammel, so thier must be other ways to acquire level 6 maps for Trammel. Whats my best way of killing things to get them with out having to buy them off a vendor.

3) What has a chance of giving you a level 7 treasure map and is thier one possible for Trammel?

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1. yes
2. I used to get them from paragon titans in that cave in south Illshenar, bottom right, hmmm and they were all tram maps, I bought over 100 maps a while ago so have not been back to see if they now drop Il maps.
3. no clue, sorry

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. yes
2. I used to get them from paragon titans in that cave in south Illshenar, bottom right, hmmm and they were all tram maps, I bought over 100 maps a while ago so have not been back to see if they now drop Il maps.
3. no clue, sorry
Its kinda funny I was just going to comment on my own post that I just killed a paragon Titan where you were just mentioning. He had a chest as part of the loot and this gave me a level 7 map in Teh Mur. So I would have to think that the location of the make it totally random as far as what lands it may end up being in.

Thank you for your reply.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its kinda funny I was just going to comment on my own post that I just killed a paragon Titan where you were just mentioning. He had a chest as part of the loot and this gave me a level 7 map in Teh Mur. So I would have to think that the location of the make it totally random as far as what lands it may end up being in.

Thank you for your reply.
That should not be possible. A paragon titan could drop either a level 5 map and/or a chest and that chest could contain a level 6 map, not a level 7.
Level 7maps only spawn from level 6 Tchests as far as im aware.

Anyway, killing miasma in Malas gives you a random facet level 6 map in her chests.

What shard are you on?

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That should not be possible. A paragon titan could drop either a level 5 map and/or a chest and that chest could contain a level 6 map, not a level 7.
Level 7maps only spawn from level 6 Tchests as far as im aware.

Anyway, killing miasma in Malas gives you a random facet level 6 map in her chests.

What shard are you on?
Err as my younger son would say when he did something wrong MY BAD.
Yes was a level 6 treasure map out of the Titan Paragon chest. Just getting back into treasure hunting and the names on the higher maps are not memmorised yet by me. Last time I did maps they only had 5 levels, hence my couple of questions concerning them.

So I take it that there's no way to acquire level 6 treasure maps from killing things in trammel at this time. But that they can be acquired by other means such as in paragon chests etc.

As far as shard most likely the one that your playing Europa.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Err as my younger son would say when he did something wrong MY BAD.
Yes was a level 6 treasure map out of the Titan Paragon chest. Just getting back into treasure hunting and the names on the higher maps are not memmorised yet by me. Last time I did maps they only had 5 levels, hence my couple of questions concerning them.

So I take it that there's no way to acquire level 6 treasure maps from killing things in trammel at this time. But that they can be acquired by other means such as in paragon chests etc.

As far as shard most likely the one that your playing Europa.
Allright! Ive got a good bunch of level 6 maps for trammel you could have if you like. Probably have some lower level maps as well but i rarely collect them.
Just ´keep an eye ou for Butters in the general chat :)

The best bet when it comes to collecting Tmaps is Miasma in Malas. I think i get around 6 chests an hour donw there or so. Importatant to note that the are random facet.

Peace

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure how you missed it, but under the heading 'where can I find a treasure map' on this page: http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=31656 it says
The odds of a map appearing on one of these monsters is approximately 1% (but it seems a lot less). Map locations are random but will be on whichever facet the carrying monster is killed. Maps found in monster chests, such as Ilshenar paragons or Miasma, are random facet.
and a little further down, among the chest's possible contents.
another map (the same level or, rarely, one level higher) - all levels
So from digging level 5 maps you can sometimes get a level 6 map, or from digging a level 6 a level 7 map.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So from digging level 5 maps you can sometimes get a level 6 map, or from digging a level 6 a level 7 map.
Ive been saving every single level 6 map ive done since the changes as well as all the level 7 maps. Been doing this to be able to see how great of a chanse you have to get a level 7 map out of a chest.
Done about 100-120 maps so far so its far from accurate atm :p

I dont have the numbers atm since im at work. Would be cool to know if anyone ellse have done the same thing to see if´our numbers match.