• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Couple questions about making spellbooks

• Thread starter imported_xStrikerx
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_xStrikerx

First, is there anything that increases the chance of making a super slayer? Like having high magery or luck or scribing skill. And Does an exceptional book have an increased chance to become a super slayer?

Second, do exceptional books increase the chance to have the max number/intensity of modifiers? Does a book have to be exceptional to achieve max intensity? (ie. If max LRC is 16%, can you make a non-exceptional book with LRC 16%?)

Third, does luck affect the chance to get the max number/intensity of modifiers?

J

Jhym

slayers are randomly rolled, so no.

I believe it is far more likely to have maximum if it is exceptional. Most of the books I've made have been low end of the scale whether normal or exceptional.

Luck has no effect, only your magery and inscription (though it's been awhile since we tested all that stuff, I can't remember if we need a third skill.)

So it is a good idea to have the highest you can in magery skills before scribing. You also should use a talisman just to bump up your exceptional chance.

Q

Qikdraw

<blockquote><hr>

So it is a good idea to have the highest you can in magery skills before scribing. You also should use a talisman just to bump up your exceptional chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a talisman that is Inscription exceptional bonus 20%, Inscription bonus 15%, Ice Slayer. I've seen talismans with charges, do I need to charge this one, and if/when I do how do I use the charges during scribing?

Qikdraw

N

Nieanna

Having crafted thousands of spellbooks with an exceptional bonus and without, I am one of the many scribes that will tell you that "exceptional" has no effect on mods/intensities chance or super slayer chance. It is influenced solely by magery skill. But before you run out and spend 18 mil on a +20 magery powerscroll, note that the difference between 110 magery and 120 magery for inscription purposes is insignificant. Most scribes I've talked to don't notice a difference. I've never noticed a difference between 110 and 115.

Inscription skill and Inscription bonus only affect your chances of successfully creating the spellbook. So in other words, three checks are made for each spellbook:

1. Whether the attempt to make the spellbook is a success (affected by inscription skill and inscription bonus talisman)

2. What mods will the spellbook have and at what intensities (affected by magery skill.)

3. Whether the spellbook is labeled "exceptional" and can thus also say "Crafted by Yourname" if you so choose (affected by inscription skill and inscription exceptional bonus talisman.)

So if this is the case, then Inscription bonus is the only thing you should really be interested in, because with it you can craft spellbooks faster with fewer fails, and fewer scrolls burned from those fails. Having a spellbook labeled as "exceptional" will not affect the book's abilities or value.

The talismans do not need to be charged or activated for the crafting bonuses other than by equipping it on your paperdoll. The max bonuses you can get are 30% bonus &amp; 30% exceptional bonus.

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a talisman that is Inscription exceptional bonus 20%, Inscription bonus 15%, Ice Slayer. I've seen talismans with charges, do I need to charge this one, and if/when I do how do I use the charges during scribing?

Qikdraw

[/ QUOTE ]

I

imported_xStrikerx

Thanks all for the info. I have a talisman with 24% exceptional and 18% increase, but I cant use it because I dont have ML.

Q

Qikdraw

Wow! Thats a lot of info! Thank you!

I'm at 87.7 scribe now, and at 87 I started making spellbooks. I made 72 so far, and out of that I got a number of 2 mods (about 15) and one 3. A pretty good one I think... Undead Slayer, +9 Magery, FCR 2. My magery (with items) is 110. I figured I would need the 120 magery to get any decent mage books.

Thanks again for the info, very helpful!

Qikdraw

C

Connor_Graham

That undead slayer spellbook could be worth around 60mil or so.....

I

imported_xStrikerx

I've been making a lot of spellbooks too, hoping for an undead or demon. Made about 700 so far with only an arachnid. I also have 110 magery.

N

Nieanna

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a nice spellbook, but 60 mil?

Q

Qikdraw

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a nice spellbook, but 60 mil?

[/ QUOTE ]

60 mill? Are you sure? Thats sounds like a lot to me, but then again I am only back in UO about a month and a half and everything seems expensive.

I'm on Napa, if that helps with any pricing tips. (although my wife told me its hers, that she called dibs on it) lol

Qikdraw

G

Aye an Undead Scrappers will fetch 60M or upwards, the Undead superslayer spellbook your looking at about 1M maybe can get 1.5M with the fcr2 on it.

D

dum3886

Do undead slayers do the extra 25% damage in pvp?... against vampies?

If it does i have a new dream scrapper

+ 24 skill undead slayer scrapper woo