• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Couple questions about fishing

Cycloknight

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
1. What are the differences between treasure chest levels? Do higher level chests give better loot or just more of it?

2. I have read here and there that people with higher luck have better chances of finding MIB's and/or getting ancient SOS' when opening MIB's. Anyone have a definite answer on this?

3. Does having 120 fishing increase your chances of getting more mibs?

4. Finally, is there any bonus to fishing or SOS fishing in Fel?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Last edited:

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. What are the differences between treasure chest levels? Do higher level chests give better loot or just more of it?
1. There are levels of SOS chest loot can be found here: MIB/SOS Loot. I have not noticed a change in quality of the items, though the quantity of the items increases with the chest level.

2. I have read here and there that people with higher luck have better chances of finding MIB's and/or getting ancient SOS' when opening MIB's. Anyone have a definite answer on this?
2. The Luck stat has no bearing on your chances to get Ancient SOSs: http://stratics.com/community/threads/lack-of-mib.288337/#post-2223425.

3. Does having 120 fishing increase your chances of getting more mibs?
3. I suspect that the chance to fish up an MIB increases with fishing skill above GM. The chance to catch the Big Fish types increases, so it is likely that other rewards (MIBs, Treasure Maps, Nets...) do as well. It would require extensive testing to determine the exact magnitude of the increase.

4. Finally, is there any bonus to fishing or SOS fishing in Fel?
4. The only bonus to fishing in Felucca is the double resources (scales and leather) from the sea serpents. There are a couple rare fish that can only be fished up in Felucca.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Last edited:

Cycloknight

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
1. There are levels of SOS chest loot can be found here: MIB/SOS Loot. I have not noticed a change in quality of the items, though the quantity of the items increases with the chest level.

2. The Luck stat has no bearing on your chances to get Ancient SOSs: http://stratics.com/community/threads/lack-of-mib.288337/#post-2223425.

3. I suspect that the chance to fish up an MIB increases with fishing skill above GM. The chance to catch the Big Fish types increases, so it is likely that other rewards (MIBs, Treasure Maps, Nets...) do as well. It would require extensive testing to determine the exact magnitude of the increase.

4. The only bonus to fishing in Felucca is the double resources (scales and leather) from the sea serpents. There are a couple rare fish that can only be fished up in Felucca.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Hey thanks, I guess the only thing left to test would be the 120 skill mib thing.

Last edited:

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have a 120 fisher and a gm fisher and I see no difference in the amount of mib's each one gets. They both average out to be the same, generally I get about 2-3 per hour of straight fishing, meaning cutting up everything to just keep fishing to pull up serpents and deep sea serpents. That is an average though, sometimes more and sometimes none in an hour but I think 2-3 per hour on each is about right.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember also that you'd have to pull the sea serpent before even getting a chance to roll for the MiB, and as far as I know, it's just a flat chance for the Serpent for anyone fishing a Deep Sea tile.

There is one unmentioned difference to fishing in Felucca, and that is that the Rare and Legendary fish will be different, you'll get Great instead of Yellow Barracuda, and Black instead of Blue Marlin in Felucca.