• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Couple of things that are irritating me

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1. How Tib Departed - Why does it irritate me? Because I LIKED him, and then he switches shards without ever saying goodbye to Atlantic. I tried communicating with him after an event on Catskills last night, and what happened? Oh yea, he ignored me.

I just dont get it, I have been to MANY EM goodbye events, or hell just seen a EM goodbye post atleast. Unless an EM is outright fired, they atleast say GOODBYE to their community. Even when an EM is moved to another shard (Happens often) they still atleast say goodbye to the shard they are leaving!

2. New EM Yoshi - Nothing on http://atlantic.uoem.net/ , nothing on Stratics.

Ill be honest, I dont play UO as much as I used to, but I love going to events. I cant login each time just to check a town crier (Which is why EVERY shard uses a site/stratics). Why does this new EM not want to make an effort to meet his community?

Anyways, Thats my rant. Atleast we have the BEST EM of any shard in Bennu.

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with you on the lack of communication from/about these two issues. Let me try and clear the waters a bit.

Tib moved to a smaller server because the smaller format seemed to fit his style better. I like Tib too :) Not sure why he didn't say goodbye, except that he was moving, not leaving so maybe he didn't feel the need? I know many of you attend events on multiple servers, I am sure he would greatly enjoy a hello and some encouragement on his new server.

Yoshi is just getting started, I've talked to him about uoem and Stratics and it is also mentioned in Training. The Easter reward giver drop yesterday may have stomped on his Easter event plans, Im not sure so we will all have to stay tuned.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yoshi did show up and say hello at the statue last night. :), As a GREEN bunny!!! Give him some time to both learn and adjust to what is Atlantic.

I too was a bit miffed at no goodbye from Tibs, but then given who he had to deal with at events, I guess I can understand the move.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I understand WHY Tib would want to move, but hes acting like a runaway abused wife. He changes his name, never says goodbye, and ignores when I tried to say hi

>.> Just kinda miffed about it

Silentfury

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Aye...many EM's that retire or get moved have some sort of send-off whether it be an Event or a Stratics Post. I have several EM items from past Events on display in my Castle from when an EM threw a Farewell Event. And as Atlantic is one of the largest Communities in game, I'm sure he would have one heck of a turnout.
As for Yoshi, I'm looking forward to seeing what he will do Event-wise. I'd have thought we would have heard from him by now.

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I understand WHY Tib would want to move, but hes acting like a runaway abused wife. He changes his name, never says goodbye, and ignores when I tried to say hi

>.> Just kinda miffed about it
What name did he change to?

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Maybe Atlantic shard is the gauntlet for EM training and Tibs got a A+ and passed on to a more polite populace!
Maybe we should have bolstered his abilities and said thank you more often?
We at Toad Town are wishing him well where ever he lands! Thank you Tibs-We had fun (Don't sweat the little things)