• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Couple of storage requests

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

Couple of requests on the storage front;

• Jewellery box, I like it, would it be possible to add item property filters? ( If of course you are going to redo the entire armour system to something I like better, please feel free to hold off).
  • Please could you add some sort of storage system for Scours, Washes, Varnishes, Glosses, Cures and Polishes?
  • Also a Binding and Storage system for Skill Mastery Primers?

Anyone else, please feel free to add anything I've missed.

As mentioned below;

• Bod books tweaks - I was going to add these myself, but thought overall this system works ok.
  • Recipe books.

Last edited:

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello,

Couple of requests on the storage front;

• Jewellery box, I like it, would it be possible to add item property filters? ( If of course you are going to redo the entire armour system to something I like better, please feel free to hold off).

• Please could you add some sort of storage system for Scours, Washes, Varnishes and Polishes?

• Also a Binding and Storage system for Skill Mastery Primers?

Anyone else, please feel free to add anything I've missed.
Bod books - take one lockdown just like PS books and SOT books.

Bod Books - alphabetic sort

Bod Books - Price all option

bod books - add bods while in secure container or locked down

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In case you didn't already know, you can get a refinement amalgamator from the cleanup system that lets you combine lower-level components to get higher-level ones: Armor Refinement – Ultima Online . May not help a whole lot with storage, since you'd probably need multiples of the amalgamators just to get the combinations done. But hey, it might help a little bit. Or you can just donate them for cleanup system points.
Hiya,

I know of the amalgamators yes.
But if you look at the maths, there are 11 types of Armour covered, 2 types of refiner for each type of armour, and 5 levels per type of armour, so you are looking at 11x5x2 = 110 unique Armour Refiners before you have even started. It takes 3 lower level refinements to make 1 level up, so the sheer volume of storage is potentially something else.

Yes, I know you can use them for clean-up points, but this stops people collecting them, and therefore being used, or found when someone wants them.

Yes to all of the above,
I have a strong box full of 100+ primers that grows daily.
Yeah, again, we tend to just leave these on the floor all over the place.
In 10 minute's we can generate 12 Primers which we dump on the floor in Despise, Luna or Star Room, as they have no other purpose such as clean-up even.
Would be nice if they weren't just rubbish.

Last edited:

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Please could you add some sort of storage system for Scours, Washes, Varnishes and Polishes?"

That whole system is a fiasco. It is one of the worst implemented in the game. It takes a tremendous amount of time to organize them (if you collect a lot of them like I do) & a lot of storage space (even if you combine them asap). Also f you dare mess up on combining them, you have to get another combining tool. Stupid, stupid, stupid system. This system needs a combining tool that allows you to dump a large quantity of them into it (400 of them?) with a menu that shows you what combines are available & allows you to hit a combine button for each option. That will eliminate a huge headache & go a good way to fixing the storage problem.

I am not opposed to some sort of storage system like the bods, scrolls, etc. But it needs to have additional functions.

Destiny<3

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
As posted above, something is definitely needed for recipes and primers.

I also would like there to be a book to put scroll binders in, since I have a lot of half-filled ones and they take up space when you have one for each skill and each skill cap.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I suppose a Cookbook would be cool to have, just because. but seriously, who's hoarding recipes ?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  • An armoury. Like the jewellery box but for the various armour parts.
  • Weapon rack. As above but for weapons.
  • Recipe book
  • Something for primers. Maybe like a power scroll book
  • Someway of storing refinements

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I still want a deed box... something that stores the 100's of deeded items... from hideous crystal items to the Evil Item Decor, to Spring Collection, Heritage Token deed items, tailoring and smithing reward deeded items, vet reward deeded items, crafting deeded items etc... and I'd like it to be like a BOD book where you can put it on your vendor and individually price them...

That's my dream.

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What is stopping the Devs from a massive overhaul of storage and space saving, not to mention bug fixes?

Also, what's stopping them from entering the next generation and competing with other MMO's?

From reading, there is so much the fans have cried out for a decade. The Devs listened at times, but are slow to act.

It makes me wonder if the Dev team needs younger, fresher, newer blood, capable of keeping to UO traditions?

Or maybe that is the problem: does that person (those people) exist?

I'm not sensing any passion from a production standpoint. It feels more like *life-support*.

UO is comatose and living, just existing mostly.

There are positives I shouldn't leave out. I honestly read about the taming changes and that lead me back; not to mention open-world MMO's are so common, but stale these days. UO has one of *the* best housing systems out there. I can't believe I'm addicted to house hunting, IDOC camping, decorating, and the player towns.

Taming, housing, and the hope/promise of soloing brought me back to UO from 2003.

The EJ *seems* promising.

Again, speculating, but the thrill is not entirely gone, just a weak pulse.

Maybe it's a lack of funds to re-invest into the grand-daddy of all open-world MMO gaming?

Last edited: