• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Couple of questions please

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
I have a few general questions about the game. I'm not new, I am returning after several years but have forgotten a lot and a lot has changed since I last played.

1. What animal(s) gives raw chicken legs?(need for cooking BOD)
  2. Which client do most use now? UI set up and/or Mods/add ons etc.
  3. UOAM doesn't seem to be working, how do I check maps or do Tmaps?
  4. Can a gargoyle player still fly if have 5 control slots used?
  5. Does dex affect the success rate of any skills besides SS & healing time?
  6. What happens to untamed animals left in a house?
  7. Since, players on same server can have same name, what's to stop a player from naming a character on your house friends list or guild list in order to get into your stuff?
  8. If I insure something and give it to someone else and they die, does the reinsurance come from them or me?
  9. If I get an item that is already insured, should I cancel the insurance and reinsure myself?

Thank You

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
  1. I usually buy them from a butcher; not sure what creature gives them.
  2. Most people still use Classic Client. UOAssist still works, and if you had it for that account before, it is easy to get it back. Some people prefer the classic client, and that client is best with Pinco's UI added, though many of Pinco's items have slowly been incorporated into the client itself.
  3. There's multiple options here. Vanilla UOAM doesn't work right anymore (and doesn't have most of the new facets), as it's been abandonware for a decade; in fact, what used to be its website domain is now a malware site, so don't even try to go there.
    Kojak has altered UOAM to include all the new stuff (I personally use that version), and you should be able to find the links for download by searching on Stratics. There's also two other programs called UOCartographer and UOMapper floating around, that function similarly. UOAM and UOCart are the two that people are actively supporting. Both need UOAssist (even if a disabled trial version) running to work, and UOCart/UOMapper work with EC with Pincos, IIRC - though the maps in EC are almost good enough on their own to not need a mapping program.
    There are now T-map locations on all facets except Eodon, and the locations are totally random (though the old THB & Goodman rune sets are good for short cuts across Tram and Fel). With UOAssist, you can get your location without a map program running by typing in the command "-where". There's also an item you can get called "Davies' Locker" that stores maps and MIBs/SOS. If you put an open SOS or a decoded map into the Locker, it will tell you the Latitude, Longitude and Facet (for T-maps - SOS are still both fishable in Tram and Fel, provided a landmass isn't blocking one side from the differences in terrain). However, it only tells the degrees, not the minutes - fine for SOS, but that leaves the T-maps being somewhere in a roughly 15x15 step grid within that 1x1 degree box (the location given is one corner of the box). Mining once again is the basis for digging distance (you have to be nearly standing on a map location to dig a map with 0 mining, but at least it's relatively easy to search a 15x15 box)
  4. I don't think so, but not sure.
  5. It might affect Parry, but that would about be it. However, for pets, Dex affects movement speed and Stamina affects its swing speed. For pets, the base stats (str/dex/int) and derived stats (hits/stam/mana) have been decoupled in the new training system for tamers.
  6. They eventually despawn.
  7. Names have NOTHING to do with house security. Each character has its own unique (8 digit?) ID number that you see in general chat. While the names are displayed on the house sign for your convenience, the character IDs (and account IDs) are what's actually recorded in the house security system. There's also been changes to the housing system to where some of the things (like co-owners) are based on account, not character, and your account can be co-owned to more than one house. You can also have one house on one regular-ruleset shard AND one house on Siege Perilous.
  8. The reinsurance should come from them. Note that all characters on the same account on a shard now share the same bank gold totals, as checks no longer exist, and gold is deposited in a virtual account, instead of being piles or checks in the bank. NPCs (and the shrines, for Chivalry tithing) take gold directly from your account (the way vendors do), and the only thing you really need loose gold for is training up skills on a new character (and that doesn't work on SP, if you create a character there). Oh, and Personal Bless Deeds (if you were around for Age of Shadows) now work for all characters on the account, as long as you take the deed off the item, and reapply it with the character to be using it. I've got most the gear on one character blessed with PBDs that I brought to my home shard from another shard that had item-trading characters created back in 2003, and had their PBDs collecting dust in their bank boxes.
  9. Yes, because sometimes the insurance won't register properly when an insured item passes between accounts.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"Can a gargoyle player still fly if have 5 control slots used?"

Yes. That is the main perk of playing a gargoyle.

Edit: Well only perk in my opinion. I don't see many around anymore.