• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Couple of old rares

Necro/Tom

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Rares1.PNG
2. Rares2.PNG
3. Rares3.PNG

I have a friend interested in buying these items as a package deal for a large amount of gold (1b+) and I just want to familiarize myself with some prices.
1. The star grapes are a one of a kind item obtained from a Catskills Mesanna event where 30 items of uniqueness were given away in this manner.
2. This bracelet was obtained from an old Chesapeake event within the Necromantic Ensorcelment series, as multiple items are branded with this name.
3. This item was obtained during a PvP Chesapeake event. These items were used as a way of scoring and they were all time durations on them, except this one.

Thank you in advance, again just looking for a price check from a few people, as I have not sold any of my rares.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
#1 id say is worth between 2-4 Bill alone. Mesanna unique items are worth allot. Atleast that is what I would and will pay ) if you are selling.

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
1 - 3-5 billion
2 - 400m - 600m
3 - 3-5 billion

Olcher

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't know the exact prices on these but I would strongly suggest you to make any sort of sale a public one, possibly an auction with a finite ending time. You'll do yourself a disservice by selling them privately and likely get far far under their value.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Can you give any rough idea when the event for #3 was?

Necro/Tom

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A friend of mine just came back to UO who was off for 3.5 years and said the event was about 3-5 months before he quit. so about 4ish years ago. It was during the reign of EM Tailspin on Chesapeake.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
id value as follows:

1. 6 bil
2. 250m
3. 2bil

Last edited:

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think the price check for #1 is a bit steep. The ones identical too it only sold for 2bil each... with no competition. Anything higher than that is just too much, in my opinion.

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the price check for #1 is a bit steep. The ones identical too it only sold for 2bil each... with no competition. Anything higher than that is just too much, in my opinion.
Totally agree with this, people valuing it in the 6bil range are tards. Everyone knows the only 2 or 3 people that would actually pay that for an item like this.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can't "price check" stuff like that. You need to put it on auction and let people run wild.

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
^^ @DJAd is 100% correct. Do an auction on stratics rares forums and you will get every bit of what it is worth.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i would definitely not auction items like this in this market, unless the seller is very happy getting only the reserve.

I also see it as a bit disrespectful to an interested buyer if you a seller would not at least try to work out a deal first than making a potential buyer wait, bid, and potential lose an item because of a missed auction tim.
auction items tend to go very cheap these days (unless the reserve is basically what the items worth), but people do have the gold. tons of it. if you pick a price for a unique item, you dont have to worry about competition and if someone wants it, they are likely to pay.

Also, items like this often arent sold for gold but rather traded for other very desireable items. if your paying gold, its likely you will pay a premium.
YA for your average run of the mill EM items maybe, but a Mesanna unique item trumps all that. You will get all the guys who have 20+B kicking around waiting for a item like this to pop up bidding on it. And if a potential interested buyers feeling's get hurt by this, well then they need to grow thicker skin. Auction is the way to go 100% if he decides to sell. Lets face it items like this do not surface much. Then again I am sure he is getting $$ offers as we speak for large sums of money so in the end all this means nothing.

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
YA for your average run of the mill EM items maybe, but a Mesanna unique item trumps all that. You will get all the guys who have 20+B kicking around waiting for a item like this to pop up bidding on it.
yeah, if the top buyers in UO used stratics frequently. let alone chancing it that they can be available during the days of the auction. heck clops is banned. just right there i wouldnt put anything like this on a stratics auction.

but this is really off topic (why i deleted that post), the poster whos looking to buy these items will probably never see them for sale on stratics anyway and sounds like a deal might already be in the works that hes just wants a few opinions on value.

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you might be right, when it comes down to it its all about what a sellers happy with, and what the buyer is willing to pay.

but actually, when pricing this item i was thinking of other unique mesanna world tour items that have sold, as well as the similar items you purchased. same type of item - large, modern color-shemes, unique. throw in inflation and thats how i got my price point on this particular item.