• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Counter Interruption of bard songs

Kelly O'Brian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does Protection or Casting Focus helps to avoid Interruption of bard songs?
Which other possibilties exist to get interupted less often? Which one you use?

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish man... I seriously wish this were the case... IMO bards are so crippled or "handicapped" in PvP or even pvE cause all it takes is a a few hits and the buffs are removed... It's hard to really build a versatile template with the bard masteries because for 1. The template to be at it's fullest would need to be a 4x bard... 4x bard would leave you with 2 other skills... You need meditation or focus to keep your mana up to keep masteries going... So if you choose one of those then you can pick ONE more skill... It's really unrealistic to build very many interesting 4x bard templates... Kind of ridiculous to, I mean really what's the point in creating the system like that when it's to tight to fit anything else in the template if you are a 4x bard. :-/, I gave up myself.. I love the masteries and all but to be a full fledged bard at 4x for the full benefit of masteries is asking for to many skill points.

Remove the interuption from bard masteries or FIX it and that would be a start.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
the masteries and bards in general have never been front line fighters.
thats the melee guys job.
we have always been relegated to chucking spells and barding over their shoulders as they fight.
hell, im just happy that they give us credit towards kills now for just using barding skills!

Z

Zero Day

Rather than casting focus or protection your best bet would be to go with faster casting.
With FC 4 you can get your spells cast pretty quickly if you've been interrupted.

In PvM, I rarely get interrupted. In PvP it varies. But most importantly the effects don't wear off immediately you have a 2-3 second period where you still get the benefits of the mastery abilities.