• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Countdown timers expiring too soon

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Pinco,

I've noticed that several countdown timers with Pincos UI expire too soon. Most of these aren't an issue or just a minor annoyance, such as stealing timer reaching zero and not being able to use my stealing macro unless I wait one more second.

But the one timer that does cause an issue is the automatic logout timer. If you try to log out when you've been aggro'd or attacked something, you get a message asking if you want to wait and it will log you out when the countdown timer expires. Sometimes, not always, it will log me out 1 second too soon and my character will still be in game for 5 minutes. If I try to log another character into the game, of course I can't.

Anyone else have this issue?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco,

I've noticed that several countdown timers with Pincos UI expire too soon. Most of these aren't an issue or just a minor annoyance, such as stealing timer reaching zero and not being able to use my stealing macro unless I wait one more second.

But the one timer that does cause an issue is the automatic logout timer. If you try to log out when you've been aggro'd or attacked something, you get a message asking if you want to wait and it will log you out when the countdown timer expires. Sometimes, not always, it will log me out 1 second too soon and my character will still be in game for 5 minutes. If I try to log another character into the game, of course I can't.

Anyone else have this issue?
the skills cooldown are terminated by the client with the default buff.
But in general there can't be precision on that, because the latency client-server determine the real final delay that may be 1 second or more/less, but it's totally unpredictable.

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
the skills cooldown are terminated by the client with the default buff.
But in general there can't be precision on that, because the latency client-server determine the real final delay that may be 1 second or more/less, but it's totally unpredictable.
Ahh... I understand that.

Is it possible to just add 1 second to your logout timer? That should take care of it for me.

Thanks Pinco

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh... I understand that.

Is it possible to just add 1 second to your logout timer? That should take care of it for me.

Thanks Pinco
it's the same of the cooldowns, it could be 1 sec for you and more for others... just waste 1 extra second when you type the password :D