• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Council Meetings

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
good morning Legends

Last night there was a Council Meeting at Blackthorn's castle with only three governors in attendance. This has become the norm for our meetings with Lord Blackthorn, we have seen just two. I understand that this other world can become hectic, and that folks like Zath have trouble with the time, but after seeing this for four or five months I'm becoming convinced that there is simply a lack of interest. Not only are the governors absent, our citizens rarely participate either... last night there were three seated.

This has me dismayed as it's a great opportunity to interact with our EM Erebus, gather information on events in progress, and generally get to know other Legends players.

Erebus, of course, needs to primarily work with his schedule, but I would like to know from our citizens if there is some date of the month that would work, that could be fixed and therefor gain more attendance for future meetings. Not just for the governors, but for everyone.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Not only timezone differences, but also week days make it hell for me.
No way I could even think about logging in game last night when I was battling the changes Apple did to XCode so I could compile my app to submit to their store, for one.
It would be much easier for me to participate if those were held Friday nights or during the weekend.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Started a new job which involves working over nights during the week. Probably won't be at the next two months council meetings or EM events.

EM Erebus

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
I'm not hardcore about meeting attendance. Admittedly, it's a bit challenging to make those things interesting so I can understand if they don't see much activity (or if real life schedules prevent attending).

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I'm not hardcore about meeting attendance. Admittedly, it's a bit challenging to make those things interesting so I can understand if they don't see much activity (or if real life schedules prevent attending).
I hear ya. But why are people so adamant about getting elected with no intent of participating (for whatever excuse). Do they think we respect the title when we know it's just self serving? One of my pet peeves... I'll let it go ;)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
You do the events. That's enough. The council meetings (traditionally) were for players to introduce RP events and bring up game concerns. If the players aren't interested in putting in the effort then don't worry about it. Have a 5 minute meeting and call it a night.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It looks like it will be late August, before I can attend a council meeting. My days off are Friday thru Sunday for now on second shift. Late August I will be back on weekend shift off Monday thru Thursday.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
In my short tenure as a Governor, I became very frustrated in these meetings. I had planned a shard wide event to follow one of them in hopes of drumming up interest, but the meeting went so long that folks who wanted to join me ended up having to log out and I myself ultimately did too.

The Council meetings just aren't effective for providing feedback to the Dev team. How many times have you seen Mesanna get asked a question, act surprised, but then see the EM remind her he had messed her several times. I have seen this more than once.

I think there is a place for that RP element with the Govs, but in a mite interactive way for everyone. Remember that arc where the Gov of Trinsic(?) was thrown in jail? We moved around, we did stuff, known players write part of the story, we had stuff to fight during. That still works.

But sitting at the table for over an hour, that's going to be a tough sell.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Legend council meeting are normally less than 30 minutes. We even had a Governor murder last year with an event arc afterwards to follow it. I'd say only 5% of Legends even new about it.