• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

could y'all PLEASE fix the disparity in speed between CC and EC players?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please? This is garbage, make it the same, this IS A B S O L U T E G A R B A G E.
???? I have EC, I run with my guildmates and I run exactly the same speed as they do, I am faster than them at negotiating blocking items, like trees etc. EC speed is NOT faster than CC, try it with a friend, pick a place run a straight line and you'll find the speed is EXACTLY the same.

skittles1337

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
???? I have EC, I run with my guildmates and I run exactly the same speed as they do, I am faster than them at negotiating blocking items, like trees etc. EC speed is NOT faster than CC, try it with a friend, pick a place run a straight line and you'll find the speed is EXACTLY the same.
:facepalm:
I'd debate you, but you clearly have no idea what he is talking about. Lets just put it this way, there is more than just straight line running in this game. He is obviously not talking about straight line movement. So if he isn't talking about that, what other movement can he be talking about?? I will let you figure it out, maybe you can test it with a friend. I will leave a hint, if not straight (---) maybe (\ /) movement.

Since you're such a know-it-all, why don't you and a CC using friend have a race doing laps around any structure and see how fast you leave that sucker in the dust. Literally, all an EC player has to do to lose a CC player is turn a single corner and they will gain a half-a-screen in distance from the CC user. Have a couple Budweisers and do some left turns Nascar-style around a building, yeaaaa buddy, you'll leave your boyfriend eating cobblestone.

Cady

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm definitely not talking about straight line movement, that seems about equal. What I and everyone else posting is talking about is turning movement, EC users skip/glide through turns in a way that any speedhack/overclocking cannot compete with. It's the biggest advantage of the EC, bigger than instant weapon/armor switching and all the timers and notifications that CC can't replicate. So EC, screwed for spellcasters, ENORMOUS ADVANTAGE for any mindless idiot who wants to play a dexer/archer.

Plus, auto-navigating around trees, twigs, 'wood'(WOOD! THAT GARBAGE IS IMPOSSIBLE TO SEE), this game was made with things like WOOD that is near impossible for the human eye to see, for my old ass eyes to see em, I'd be 2 inches from my monitor and squinting and any idiot playing EC is just auto-routed around that stupid garbage without even slowing down, yet I can get hung up and stuck rubberbanding on this GARBAGE I can barely see without straining my neck? THAT'S FAIR? IS THAT RLY FAIR THAT SUCH GARBAGE EXISTS? Is it meant to be an OBSTACLE or not? EASY-MODE UO for IDIOTS...

hardy-

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ec is better for run, cc is better for cast simple as that.

want play archer or dexxer go ec, want play mage go cc

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ec is better for run, cc is better for cast simple as that.

want play archer or dexxer go ec, want play mage go cc
This is not true at all.
EC has far better casting than CC. But EC has other issues, Mobile list not updating, Stall images of people who aren't there etc etc.
Unless you wanna cheat, EC is the way to go for all types of chars if you wanna compete.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless you wanna cheat
Absolute total BS I don't cheat, don't even use UO assist and hate the EC as do a whole lot of other non cheating players. Gets old everytime one of these threads pop up someone or several someones has to go with the "Only cheaters use CC, why else would they be using it?" type comments. Couldn't just be the EC is a ugly steaming pile of fecal matter in many folks opinion......... That has a few nice features but certainly not worth changing to the EC for in our opinions.

Cady

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This is not true at all.
EC has far better casting than CC. But EC has other issues, Mobile list not updating, Stall images of people who aren't there etc etc.
Unless you wanna cheat, EC is the way to go for all types of chars if you wanna compete.
EC casting is garbage, if you don't notice it it's because you're not playing at the level of those who do notice it(see my thread from last weekend). EC movement speed seems to be a heck of a lot better than the "cheats".

Cady

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Bottom line is, I spend a lot of time on my hair, and you hit it. You hit my hair.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Absolute total BS I don't cheat, don't even use UO assist and hate the EC as do a whole lot of other non cheating players. Gets old everytime one of these threads pop up someone or several someones has to go with the "Only cheaters use CC, why else would they be using it?" type comments. Couldn't just be the EC is a ugly steaming pile of fecal matter in many folks opinion......... That has a few nice features but certainly not worth changing to the EC for in our opinions.
Interesting, so you PVP without uoassist and can compete ? How do you chug pots ?
When people usually talk about competing, they don't talk about how fast they can swap bods at luna bank fyi.

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Characters in EC turn faster, which I believe is the reason for the increased speed. A turn counts as movement - you can see this in action when, for example, you are over your weight capacity. When you turn (without moving to a different tile), that will cause you to lose stamina. So for a CC user, when they are running in a particular direction and move their mouse to change their direction, the character must first perform a turn before they can move to the next tile. For EC users the turn is almost instant.

One thing I've always had trouble with is changing the direction of my character without moving a tile with my mouse. In the CC, if I single-click quickly I can change the direction without moving a tile, but in EC I find it very difficult to do with the mouse, and end up having to move tiles in order to change which way my character faces. Overall though, that increased turn speed will translate into more ground covered when changing directions in EC over CC. I don't really have a comment presently on if this is good/bad or what should be done, but this is my view of the situation.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EC casting is garbage, if you don't notice it it's because you're not playing at the level of those who do notice it(see my thread from last weekend). EC movement speed seems to be a heck of a lot better than the "cheats".
Sadly the well known cheaters on my shard still outruns everyone. I know this as a fact because most of these guys have such high EGO's that they have to make a youtube vid, every time they get a kill, and here i see CC.

If you aren't aware of it, every so called "elite" PVP'er complains about faster casting in EC. But feel free to actually explain how its faster in CC, instead of just calling it garbage.

Cady

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
But feel free to actually explain how its faster in CC, instead of just calling it garbage.
there is a strange time in between spellcasting in EC that won't let you cast another spell, I cast one spell, target it on mousewheel, immediately try to cast another spell and... nothing, nothing happens. I'm just stuck out there in limbo wondering wtf is happening, I'm not "overcasting" like in CC, which I do sometimes, but not all the time. It's hard to explain the difference in timing for spellcasters between CC and EC, but it's not non-existent, a few people seconded my experiences in a thread I posted not too long ago, and at this rate, I'm going to be posting a lot of obnoxious threads about how crappy the EC vs CC situation is.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
At least people in the CC can loot a public corpse at events and champs and other places... something people in the EC haven't been able to do for YEARS...

At least people in the CC can see animations... in the EC we have to shut those off to play... and haven't seen them at all since day 1 of the EC if we are using the Circle of Transparency... as animated objects are oddly transparent.... even from all the way across the room...

People in the CC can "follow"... something I think ought to be removed from the CC.

People in the CC don't have to deal with "ghost" images of mobs continually stuck on your screen.... making things extremely difficult at spawns, in dungeons, doing Peerless, etc...

I could go on and on with the list...

Cady

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
At least people in the CC can loot a public corpse at events and champs and other places... something people in the EC haven't been able to do for YEARS...

At least people in the CC can see animations... in the EC we have to shut those off to play... and haven't seen them at all since day 1 of the EC if we are using the Circle of Transparency... as animated objects are oddly transparent.... even from all the way across the room...

People in the CC can "follow"... something I think ought to be removed from the CC.

People in the CC don't have to deal with "ghost" images of mobs continually stuck on your screen.... making things extremely difficult at spawns, in dungeons, doing Peerless, etc...

This is mostly all stuff I don't care about, how does this effect PvP balance? EC is crap in a lot of ways, I've checked it out, I know, it's garbage, in a lot of ways worse than CC, but holy cow, can MFers move FAST in there. Animations, blah, blah, blah, yea it's annoying when you don't see an enemy eating an Enchanted Apple bc for one reason or another the animation is skipped over, happens in CC, it's annoying when you don't hear the sound of a death strike being performed on you too, a lot of the time that sound is skipped over in favor of other sounds. Neither client is perfect by a long shot, BUT HOLY COW, MOVEMENT SPEED IS A BIG DEAL IN THIS GAME, and for the disparity in speed to exist like it does between clients like this IS A BIG DEAL. IT'S A RLY BIG DEAL, it's the difference between just TRAMPLING a crappy player vs the IDIOT getting away every time his health is low, IT'S A BIG DEAL. It's maybe not a big deal in trammel, and you have your own greivances, but movement speed, for PvP, it's a BIG deal, holy cow.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there is a strange time in between spellcasting in EC that won't let you cast another spell, I cast one spell, target it on mousewheel, immediately try to cast another spell and... nothing, nothing happens. I'm just stuck out there in limbo wondering wtf is happening, I'm not "overcasting" like in CC, which I do sometimes, but not all the time. It's hard to explain the difference in timing for spellcasters between CC and EC, but it's not non-existent, a few people seconded my experiences in a thread I posted not too long ago, and at this rate, I'm going to be posting a lot of obnoxious threads about how crappy the EC vs CC situation is.
Unless you can reproduce the error you encounter noone can help you.
One thing that EC is missing is range check, maby thats the thing you experience ?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The fact it's called "enhanced" client is bit of a giveaway right?

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going to be posting a lot of obnoxious threads about how crappy the EC vs CC situation is.
Been there, tried it. Rage logged.

I'm purely angry now, but in a calm way, I'm just going to bury the EC ******* ingame now.

All this is PvM stuff, PvM is not competitive in the slightest.
It's a shame none of this works, it should either be fixed, or EC deleted, it is such a crap client anyway.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
:facepalm:
I'd debate you, but you clearly have no idea what he is talking about. Lets just put it this way, there is more than just straight line running in this game. He is obviously not talking about straight line movement. So if he isn't talking about that, what other movement can he be talking about?? I will let you figure it out, maybe you can test it with a friend. I will leave a hint, if not straight (---) maybe (\ /) movement.
Yeah, because the OP was obviously so very obvious about what he meant. :rolleyes2:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And I haven't seen a single number in this thread yet. How many tiles/sec you move in EC vs CC in a straight line? Repeat 10 times and average. How many tiles/sec on a diagonal path. And so on.

Lag is also a big factor in moving speed, but I fail to see where you outline how you eliminated it as good as possible for your observations posted in the OP.

Maybe working such things out could help PvPers getting their point across. But maybe I'm wrong and trash talking clients is the key to success here :scholar:

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been whining about the disparity in the two clients for 7 years. And now this is an issue?
There is a bug fix publish coming up, perhaps you can submit your request to fix the following:
  • Reduce the cornering speed on EC to match that of CC
  • Fix the casting issue on EC when using target Cursor
  • Disable the ability to dress in EC when recently engaged in combat.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting, so you PVP without uoassist and can compete ? How do you chug pots ?
When people usually talk about competing, they don't talk about how fast they can swap bods at luna bank fyi.
Where in the original post does it mention PvP ? And there was a time i did well enough in pvp without running even uoassist sadly those days are gone. I would hardly call any aspect of PvP in UO competitive anymore. That died about the time AOS came out.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone remember when everyone on stratics tried to deny that you can run faster on EC?

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where in the original post does it mention PvP ? And there was a time i did well enough in pvp without running even uoassist sadly those days are gone. I would hardly call any aspect of PvP in UO competitive anymore. That died about the time AOS came out.
The only reason the OP made this thread was to complain about the difference in moving speed regarding pvp, He mentioned it serveral times. Try and read it again.
If you wan't to troll, atleast put some effort into it, just throwing random statements like XXX is grabage without a reason behind it, is not the way to go.
How would you even be able to talk about PVP, when you havent PVP'ed sinde 2006 ?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It doesn't matter. If both clients had exactly the same features the excuses would just change to stuff like "nice speed hack bro" etc.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only reason the OP made this thread was to complain about the difference in moving speed regarding pvp, He mentioned it serveral times. Try and read it again.
If you wan't to troll, atleast put some effort into it, just throwing random statements like XXX is grabage without a reason behind it, is not the way to go.
How would you even be able to talk about PVP, when you havent PVP'ed sinde 2006 ?
I have read and re-read it and I am just not seeing what you are saying is there ""Please? This is garbage, make it the same, this IS A B S O L U T E G A R B A G E."" I really am not seeing this in any way shape or form being a PvP exclusive statement . No I took the part you said "Unless you want to cheat" and explained why you are full of BS and that there are a whole lot of people that use CC and DO NOT CHEAT. Again notice I am not talking about PvP just making a general point that you seem unable to grasp or don't want to grasp. Please back up where You elude to CC users Cheating? Instead of trolling with blanket statements.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have read and re-read it and I am just not seeing what you are saying is there ""Please? This is garbage, make it the same, this IS A B S O L U T E G A R B A G E."" I really am not seeing this in any way shape or form being a PvP exclusive statement . No I took the part you said "Unless you want to cheat" and explained why you are full of BS and that there are a whole lot of people that use CC and DO NOT CHEAT. Again notice I am not talking about PvP just making a general point that you seem unable to grasp or don't want to grasp. Please back up where You elude to CC users Cheating? Instead of trolling with blanket statements.
Read This
This is mostly all stuff I don't care about, how does this effect PvP balance? EC is crap in a lot of ways, I've checked it out, I know, it's garbage, in a lot of ways worse than CC, but holy cow, can MFers move FAST in there. Animations, blah, blah, blah, yea it's annoying when you don't see an enemy eating an Enchanted Apple bc for one reason or another the animation is skipped over, happens in CC, it's annoying when you don't hear the sound of a death strike being performed on you too, a lot of the time that sound is skipped over in favor of other sounds. Neither client is perfect by a long shot, BUT HOLY COW, MOVEMENT SPEED IS A BIG DEAL IN THIS GAME, and for the disparity in speed to exist like it does between clients like this IS A BIG DEAL. IT'S A RLY BIG DEAL, it's the difference between just TRAMPLING a crappy player vs the IDIOT getting away every time his health is low, IT'S A BIG DEAL. It's maybe not a big deal in trammel, and you have your own greivances, but movement speed, for PvP, it's a BIG deal, holy cow.
Yes it's very clear that OP is complaining about the speed difference when he swaps bods with his mates.
Let me repeat myself STOP TROLLING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I love threads like these, it brings out all the untruthsayers :p

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes it's very clear that OP is complaining about the speed difference when he swaps bods with his mates.
Let me repeat myself STOP TROLLING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But back on to the point of of you eluding to CC users Cheat and that is why we use CC. Can you please expand on this so that I can learn from your obviously superior and enlightened mind? Like why you make a blanket statement that might be accurate for some but not the majority. You did after all open the door to it and now those of us accused would like something more from you other than crying troll. At post #8 there was no way to know what you quote from post #17 or was there?, I obviously need to further explore my ability to see into the future. Now could you please explain yourself AND STOP TROLLING AND BAITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cady

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Let’s not fight amongst ourselves here, I think we all spend a lot of time on our hair and don’t want people to hit our hair. But there is a very real and very obnoxious imbalance in turning speed between the two clients and is damaging PvP in a very real way. For the maximum enjoyment of all playstyles, this issue needs to be addressed.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let’s not fight amongst ourselves here, I think we all spend a lot of time on our hair and don’t want people to hit our hair. But there is a very real and very obnoxious imbalance in turning speed between the two clients and is damaging PvP in a very real way. For the maximum enjoyment of all playstyles, this issue needs to be addressed.
True enough the same issue among others does impact aspects of PvM as well even if it is to a lesser extent than in PvP. It is much more difficult to evade and escape a PK using the the EC than it is one using the CC. One of the few things I do like about the EC like about the EC is it is much easier to escape from PKs in general. The cornering and not getting hung up on every twig makes a huge difference. That being said from a non PvP perspective it is not worth dealing with the rest of the garbage in the EC to evade a PK once every 4-6 months. Whether PvP or PvM there really should not be so much imbalance between the two clients. And the hair yeah I spend 5 minutes per week keeping it mowed down with the clippers :)

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But back on to the point of of you eluding to CC users Cheat and that is why we use CC. Can you please expand on this so that I can learn from your obviously superior and enlightened mind? Like why you make a blanket statement that might be accurate for some but not the majority. You did after all open the door to it and now those of us accused would like something more from you other than crying troll. At post #8 there was no way to know what you quote from post #17 or was there?, I obviously need to further explore my ability to see into the future. Now could you please explain yourself AND STOP TROLLING AND BAITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I already have.

Sadly the well known cheaters on my shard still outruns everyone. I know this as a fact because most of these guys have such high EGO's that they have to make a youtube vid, every time they get a kill, and here i see CC.

If you aren't aware of it, every so called "elite" PVP'er complains about faster casting in EC. But feel free to actually explain how its faster in CC, instead of just calling it garbage.
If you wan't proof, try and search for UO PVP on youtube, and report back how many EC vids you see.
You don't even PVP so why do you keep posting here ?
It's so obviously you are TROLLNG here to get post counts, you don't give at sht about EC nor CC.
Im amazed that a poster with 4k++ posts dosent know that OP means original poster.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I already have.

If you wan't proof, try and search for UO PVP on youtube, and report back how many EC vids you see.
You don't even PVP so why do you keep posting here ?
It's so obviously you are TROLLNG here to get post counts, you don't give at sht about EC nor CC.
Im amazed that a poster with 4k++ posts dosent know that OP means original poster.
You do realize that many of the PvP issues are also issues for PvM in the CC vs EC realm, just a different application of the game mechanics. I really could care less about post counts or popularity here, a fair amount of the staff could probably agree with that :) Anyway I am done with you as despite your claims, you have not defended your position the CC users cheat other than with more diversion and calling me a troll. And sorry I have better things to do than watch people playing a video game on youtube :)

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You do realize that many of the PvP issues are also issues for PvM in the CC vs EC realm, just a different application of the game mechanics. I really could care less about post counts or popularity here, a fair amount of the staff could probably agree with that :) Anyway I am done with you as despite your claims, you have not defended your position the CC users cheat other than with more diversion and calling me a troll. And sorry I have better things to do than watch people playing a video game on youtube :)
yeah, there's all those videos of monster trucks and tractor pulls to watch. that and the free porn . . .

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah, there's all those videos of monster trucks and tractor pulls to watch. that and the free porn . . .
I like the blowing stuff up with tannerite videos and making custom .50 cal bullets and the best number of grains to power them for maximum damage videos .......... You know stuff I can learn from that has real life applications :)