Could someone please point me in the right direction...

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
G

After reading all the faqs, looking through dozens of taming related pages I still havent found a page which tells me the maximum skill/stats/resists for each tamable (or at least the more popular ones). Is the stratics hunters guide the page I should go with?

The pet power calc doesnt really give me the max numbers for each tamable I think...

erm, if i may also add 2 or 3 questions i could not find real answers for:

1) I have heard pets will suffer stat loss (or skill/resist?) if paralyzed. Will they also receive the loss when beaten first (red lined) and then tamed?

2) stable slots. It says: you will receive extra slots for getting to 100/110/120 in the three skills. Do the skills have to be "real" or is jewelew ok? DOes this mean if you have a legendary tamer (120 in taming/lore/vet) you will have 14 slots? (5 for skills over 260 + 3x1 for gm + 3x1 for elder +3x1 for legendary)

3) I thought all skills and stats are exactly halved when tamed, this does not really seem to happen. Is there a pattern?

Thank you very much...

Robinson of Europa

A

Antion_Vallin

Is the stratics hunters guide the page I should go with?
For the most part, yes. The Greater Dragons are fairly new, but their information can be found on these forums.

1) I have heard pets will suffer stat loss (or skill/resist?) if paralyzed. Will they also receive the loss when beaten first (red lined) and then tamed?
Pets do lose more skill when paralyzed prior to taming, but paralyzation doesn't effect stats. Some pets have to be beaten down before being tamed. Pets that are required to be beaten down DO lose stats. Creatures like Hiryu, Reptalon, Cu Sidhe and the new Greater Dragon automatically lose stats when you tame them, but sometimes when you tame them you see the glitch message that the creature had been beaten into submission. Resistances are uneffected by taming.

2) stable slots. It says: you will receive extra slots for getting to 100/110/120 in the three skills. Do the skills have to be "real" or is jewelew ok? DOes this mean if you have a legendary tamer (120 in taming/lore/vet) you will have 14 slots? (5 for skills over 260 + 3x1 for gm + 3x1 for elder +3x1 for legendary)
Jewelry works.

3) I thought all skills and stats are exactly halved when tamed, this does not really seem to happen. Is there a pattern?
Some pets lose skills when tamed and some don't. You generally don't have to worry about such things with all but a handful who's skills start out above GM. Reptalon and the new Greater Dragon can have their skills trained above 100.0, but for other pets any skill above 100.0 cannot be raised any higher nor can any of their other skills that are below 100.0 go above that mark. For example, Firesteeds can be tamed with a Magic Resistance above 100.0 and Rune Beetles can be tamed with a Poisoning skill and Magery skill above 100.0.

G

wow, thanks a lot!!!

i just want to make sure i really understand this:

Beating pets (to make them slower - my connection is really bad :)) that don´t actually need to be beaten into submission will not result in any losses when tamed successfully. Correct?

The only bad effects about using paralyze when taming are:

1) it will take longer to retrain the pets skills
2) If the pet had a chance to have skills above GM it will likely not have them when tamed with para
Correct?

What i forgot to ask in my initial post: does peacemaking have the same effect as paralyze (skill loss)?

Ohh, and can someone maybe confirm 14 stable slots for 3x legendary?

Thank you very much, you helped a lot!

Robinson of Europa

PS.: I am so proud :): I tried to tame every tameble dangerous creature in the game this night.
Only problems with heavy magic users like dragons, WWs and greater dragons. Rest I managed. Do you mana drain them? Seems to be the only way not to die I guess.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Beating pets (to make them slower - my connection is really bad :)) that don´t actually need to be beaten into submission will not result in any losses when tamed successfully. Correct?

[/ QUOTE ]
Correct! For the most part anyway. It won't result in any *additional* losses. For a handful of creatures like the hiryu or reptalon, they're going to lose half of their stats anyway, whether you beat them or not.

<blockquote><hr>

The only bad effects about using paralyze when taming are:

1) it will take longer to retrain the pets skills
2) If the pet had a chance to have skills above GM it will likely not have them when tamed with para
Correct?

[/ QUOTE ]
Correct!

<blockquote><hr>

What i forgot to ask in my initial post: does peacemaking have the same effect as paralyze (skill loss)?

[/ QUOTE ]
Nope, peacemaking has no effect on skill loss.

<blockquote><hr>

Ohh, and can someone maybe confirm 14 stable slots for 3x legendary?

[/ QUOTE ]
*Raises hand* I have two 3xLegendary with 14 stables! Not enough, I feel.

Impressive, you trying to tame every dangerous creature. For the tougher creatures, wear a good resist suit (all 70s if you can, or at least 70s against their main damage type), bring some pots, orange petals, and practice, practice, practice! =D

G

Thanks a lot!

petals and pots are a great idea, havent tried them yet.
At the moment I am mana draining the WW and greater dragons but it doesnt seem to help much. I will probably need to put magic resist on the template or use trapped boxes to break their para because I can either survive one physical hit or one heavy magical attack but not both.
Or I will have to wait until I am good enough with peace.

Hmmmm, embracing honor might be an option as well?

thanks again,

Robinson of Europa