• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Could someone explain the customer accounts for EAland?

• Thread starter imported_Spacey
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Spacey

I have heard about "Premium" accounts with extras, and I have heard about "Free" accounts with limited options. Will the game continue to be $9.99 a month? Is that considered to be the premium account? I am an old player coming back in the midst of all these changes and it's got me confused. Could someone tell me about them? Any info on this would be greatly appreciated!

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

I have heard about "Premium" accounts with extras, and I have heard about "Free" accounts with limited options. Will the game continue to be $9.99 a month? Is that considered to be the premium account? I am an old player coming back in the midst of all these changes and it's got me confused. Could someone tell me about them? Any info on this would be greatly appreciated!

[/ QUOTE ]

There has been talk about the things you asked about, but at this point in time nothing is set. Time will tell.

G

Yes this has been discussed but like Dali says nothing is set yet.

Things that have been discussed for premium accts include extra sims, bigger inventory, more lots, but of course those could just be nice dreams. From what we know right now free accts will have limited access to EA Land. We asked about the 9.99 rate changing and they said at this time they dont plan to change it.

I like the concept of premium accts, I for one would love a bigger inventory and a bigger backpack!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yes this has been discussed but like Dali says nothing is set yet.

Things that have been discussed for premium accts include extra sims, bigger inventory, more lots, but of course those could just be nice dreams. From what we know right now free accts will have limited access to EA Land. We asked about the 9.99 rate changing and they said at this time they dont plan to change it.

I like the concept of premium accts, I for one would love a bigger inventory and a bigger backpack!

[/ QUOTE ]
Considering how close we (supposedly) are to the merge and the subsequent opening of EALand - I think it's high time they made some committments.
I can't speak for anybody else, but I'm tired of not having a clue what is in store for me as a player.
Many concrete decisions, in favor of EA, have already been made - but the players have yet to get a nod. In fact, the "tentative" stuff keeps changing almost on a daily basis.

G

My understanding of the current direction for accounts, is that, for our regular $9.99 subscription, we will get:

*Access to the full game.
*Including 3 avatars (six in TC3)
*The ability to own multiple lots per avatar
*Full access to all game features, including all types of custom content.
*A set 'bonus' of simoleans each month, and the ability to exchange any extra simoleans we have for real life money.

The 'free' account will have:

*No time limit, but
*Limited access to the game
*Only one avatar
*May own no more than one small lot
*Have limited access, if any, to the various types of custom content.

Premium subscription benefits are the haziest at the moment but they will be for the 'extras'....which may (or not) include: extra avatars, extra lots, larger object limits or back pack size, extra bonus simoleans. No price has been discussed for this account....if they decide to even have it, that is also not firm.....and it may be down the road a bit.

All types of accounts will have the ability to buy simoleans when they are available, from EA.

These are the outline of the accounts, as I understand them. The details may be fine-tuned or tweaked, especially for free and premium accounts, but the basic division and allocation of game assests should hold true.

I

imported_Spacey

Thank you so much for the explanation of accounts, as planned, Gilly! It's good to hear that the $9.99 charge will stay the same and that we will have some extras too. I really like the monthly "bonus" idea. I'll be needing it!