• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Could really Use some advice/help with Tmaps.

Citizenbushido

Adventurer
1. Do you have to keep cartography on the toon once the map has been deciphered?
2. Can a map that shows it has not been completed been completed & not update?
3. I'm using EC & a Davies locker. I get the L&L from the locker & then find the spot. Is there any way to narrow it down even further?
4. Are there any 3rd party programs that would make tmap hunting a little more enjoyable? UOAssist, UO Mapper?

I'm playing on Siege & i'm working on my mining, but other than that..

Any tips suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
  1. Only if you were NOT the first person to decipher the map.
  2. Usually this is a situation in your pack, if you've not moved it (in the CC). If you pick up the map and set it back down, it usually will update to show that it is complete. in the EC, there is a similar issue with items not updating but I'm not sure if it has the same fix.
  3. Some people swear by blowing up the T-map and the in-game map, and comparing them in the EC. I've not had much luck with it. I typically mark the 4 corners of the Latitude/Longitude box of 1 degree by 1 degree, then use the process that shipwreck searchers use in real life. I start in 1 corner, and check every 2-3 steps by digging, and progress through the grid as if mowing a lawn.
  4. UOAssist and UOAM pretty much are CC things, but they add some of the features that EC has (in-game checking of coordinates without a sextant, for example). UOMapper I believe works with EC with Pinco's, but you can usually get by in it just using the in-game map.
  5. You probably don't need more than 50 mining, unless you want more. SP has the requirement for either Removing a trap or just opening the chest and suffering the consequences, so if you have high HP and maxed resists, you can probably do without Remove Traps as long as no one's around to try to finish you off before you heal. Also, you didn't give the rest of your template - if using a tamer/TH, a 5-slot Giant Beetle is the TH uber-pet (cargo capacity and deadly in combat). If playing another template, your pet choices might be a bit more restrictive (as in you might want to not take a pack animal in until after the dig is done to recover what you can't carry), but a 1-slot beetle (post taming publish - ones tamed before, and not trained or released/retamed are 3 slots, but will change to 1 if retamed) is better for this.

Citizenbushido

Adventurer
Basara, thank you for responding. One last question, Right now I'm right-clicking on the Tmap selecting "Dig for Treasure" and then mousing over the spot. I would like to add this command directly to the toolbar instead of right-clicking each time. Can you tell me how to do that?

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't use mining on my THunter at all.

Just use the EC, go to pretty much where you think the map is by coords. If you use Pincos then you can zoom in on tmaps.

The macro you can use is:

Shovel, WaitForTarg, Delay (I use a delay of 1.3) and repeating x 10 or if you want x 20 digs repeat the macro commands as shown.

upload_2017-12-18_13-53-5.png upload_2017-12-18_13-56-26.png

Then

upload_2017-12-18_13-54-56.png

Right clicking on the shovel, target 'stored' the decoded map in your backpack. Do it on both shovels if you use the 20 dig macro.

Once you are in the location of the map, clicking this macro will start you digging without having to click on the shovel then the map then the ground. You will only need to click the ground each time the cursor comes up.

MissE

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah, there's 2 ways to dig the maps - the latter referred to by MissEcho is longer, but more macro-friendly.

Method 1: Click map, choose "dig for Treasure", target ground.

Method 2 (the method that can easily be made into a macro): Click shovel, target map, target ground.